HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Asking for help from anyone who has more experience. I have a 1995 USP 9mm. Bought a LEM kit for it and it will not install properly. I'm wondering if any parts have been changed since 1995 that might be interfering with the new LEM kit install. Any help or guidance would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
594 Posts
There have been updates to the USP line that could be causing your problem. Try Firearm Tutorials on YouTube, lots of good info on various USPs and
LEM.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
Asking for help from anyone who has more experience. I have a 1995 USP 9mm. Bought a LEM kit for it and it will not install properly. I'm wondering if any parts have been changed since 1995 that might be interfering with the new LEM kit install. Any help or guidance would be appreciated. Thanks.
First of all, remove the slide and post a close-up pic of the right side of the frame where the Hammer Axle sits.

You may need to replace 2 other parts: Hammer Strut and 2-piece Catch. Some of the changes took place in 1995 (KF) but yours maybe an early-1995 model so these parts are required. Do you have a 1-piece or 2-piece Catch?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the feedback. TooSixy - I did have the single piece catch, but upgraded to the two piece catch and it still is not working properly with the LEM. I will try and take a photo and attach it for reference. I believe I have the new version of the hammer strut, but I cannot find any photos that show old hammer struts vs new ones. Thanks.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
Old hammer strut (L) and new hammer strut (R)

Still need a close-up pic of the right side of the frame. If the area looks like the pic below, then that's the problem.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks TooSixy. It appears that I have the old hammer spur instead of the new one. I'll order a new one and see if that fixes the problem. I had to cut away that small piece of plastic (shown in your photo) from the frame that prevented the hammer axle from seating flush. It now seats as it should. Hopefully the hammer spur is the problem and replacing it with the new version will be the fix I need.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
I think that is all you need. You also have the new-style, longer catch, correct? It does not come with the LEM kit and has to be purchased separately. LEM will not work properly without it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes I have the catch pictured above. Thanks again for your help. Hopefully next time I post I will have a 1995 USP with a working LEM.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts