HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about buying a MP5 clone. What is the best choice, right now it looks like the Zenith Z-5RS is what I have found to be the best. Are the other one better? Omega and POF also makes the same pistol. please guide me the right way.

thanks
Rick

·
Registered
44 Posts
I would pay the difference and get the SP5K. If you're spending that kind of money, might as well get the HK.

That said, I don't own any of the guns you mentioned. I know that HK is a proven quantity. I'm not trying to sound like a fan boy, it's just that while the HK is more expensive than the others, it's not far out of line considering what the previous HK SP89's were going for.

I know there's a few quirks, like the lack of paddle mag release. However, from what I've read, there are gunsmiths that can replace it.

ETA: I realized you may have been referring to a full size. In that case, I would get the Zenith. This is based on reasearch I did before the SP5K was available.

With that said, I scrapped the idea of getting the Zenith as soon as I heard about the SP5K coming. Even though it meant I'd have to settle for an "MP5K" over a full size.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I looked at the HK Sp5k and the reason I didn't go that way was it did have a threaded barrel.

·
Registered
332 Posts
i'm new to the mp5 platform as well . last year i posted a thread "is the sp5k worth it " got a lot of positive support from the community, had a few like yourself point out the negatives such as threaded barrel, price the cost for modes etc... well i got one, 100% MADE IN GERMANY BY HECKLER & KOCH ! was it worth it ? [email protected] right it's worth it ! iconic, reliable, crazy accurate and its H&K original .

one member post something i'll never forget, this is what he basically said, people bitch and gripe about all the negatives stated above, when in reality your buying the sp89 . last time i looked on GB, asking price for the sp89 is 4k-6k used . for $2300 NIB i'm good, nothing but praises from me . i've got a bro-n-law who's a machinist, if i ever decide to 3 lug it, fourm 1 it etc.. want cost me nothing but parts .

it gets better, i absolutely love this weapon platform so much that i ordered another one, you guessed it, the MKE Z-5RS .

there's nothing like owning the original H&K SP5K .
good luck with your choice

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
There no negatives with any of the HK line. Trust me I have a few my son with an MP5 [video]https://www.facebook.com/ricky.fernandez.3990/videos/159297074188215/[/video] again my son MP7 [video]https://www.facebook.com/ricky.fernandez.3990/videos/159294314188491/[/video] Money is not the issue, I just hate to take new HK add a barrel and mag release.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have call to Tornado Technologies LLC to see if they can do the barrel work for me. the mag release is not important to me.

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
MM

I have call to Tornado Technologies LLC to see if they can do the barrel work for me. the mag release is not important to me.
Michael's Machines can do the barrel, mag release and just about anything else you might dream of.
He's a HKPro vendor.
Has a great reputation.
Pre-ordered my SP5K from him directly.
Mike's All Aces in my book :biggrin:

Barth

·
Registered
332 Posts
There no negatives with any of the HK line. Trust me I have a few my son with an MP5 [video]https://www.facebook.com/ricky.fernandez.3990/videos/159297074188215/[/video] again my son MP7 [video]https://www.facebook.com/ricky.fernandez.3990/videos/159294314188491/[/video] Money is not the issue, I just hate to take new HK add a barrel and mag release.
if money's not the issues get both ! i do agree with you on the sp5k, that's why i ordered the z-5rs . i figured i'll more than likely leave the sp5k stock and sbr and maybe can the 5rs . several members have told me the 5rs is a good choice if that's all i'm gonna do to it, better choices for FA .

good luck

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
More like wife issues, than money

if money's not the issues get both ! i do agree with you on the sp5k, that's why i ordered the z-5rs . i figured i'll more than likely leave the sp5k stock and sbr and maybe can the 5rs . several members have told me the 5rs is a good choice if that's all i'm gonna do to it, better choices for FA .

good luck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts