HKPRO Forums banner

Which would you suggest for my next sear host?

• 40 cal

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • 10mm

Votes: 26 60.5%
  • Both

Votes: 5 11.6%
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
I'll be the heretic and say I think both are retarded. That said, I voted 10mm -- because, if you're going to be retarded, one may as well go full retard.
But, as a caveat .. I stick to guns in 9mm, 5.56, and 7.62 -- all NATO, all the time.. because I shoot. A lot.. and I really don't need to be paying a premium to do it, and I don't have the free time to hand-load the amount that I'd shoot. Over the course of 6 months or less, the $$ difference between 9mm and 10mm would equal up to a whole new gun to play with.

That said.. a Mark 23 may be the gun that makes me add a new caliber. And from there? I'm probably back in the UMP game.

Damn you guys.

I really should just give up on all y'all and just go start an FN collection.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Can’t you shoot 40 out of the 10mm ? Or would that mess up the flutes to where you wouldn’t be able to shoot either ? Anyone have any experience with this ? Or heard any stories

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
Can’t you shoot 40 out of the 10mm ? Or would that mess up the flutes to where you wouldn’t be able to shoot either ? Anyone have any experience with this ? Or heard any stories
I think it has something to do with case length and overall length of the two rounds that would
preclude such activity. Check out some reloading info on the two rounds to confirm. Its just an
educated guess on my part.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
While shooting a 40 in a 10mm MP5 might be a physical possibility, I do not think it can be done safely or reliably so the answer is essentially NO.

I am still looking for a nice MP5-40 if anyone has and does not need.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think it might be safer shooting 40 out of a 10mm as long as you had a 40 barrel reamed to 10mm since the flutes inside the chamber don’t extend to the 10mm only the 40, that way you don’t damage the flutes inside the chamber like you would if you shot 40 out of a stock 10mm barrel, and you would still be able to fire off 10mm in case of an emergency or apocalypse using a reamed 40 barrel.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I’ve got 10’s and 40’s coming up for sale soon....Jr is building them. A couple of each are already spoken for, but I have 10 kits in line.
REALLY?! Do I have to call Ralph Jr to pre order one or hold my place in line.God I’d do anything to get my hands on a 10mm barrel. Specially after Jeff told me that he doesn’t build 10mm k versions which are the only 10mm barrels in stock on hk parts, but there special weapons barrels so idk k version looks cooler for sure but hk never made those weapons and I’d rather want reliability and safety over the cool guy factor

Adam

·
Vendor
354 Posts
REALLY?! Do I have to call Ralph Jr to pre order one or hold my place in line.God I’d do anything to get my hands on a 10mm barrel. Specially after Jeff told me that he doesn’t build 10mm k versions which are the only 10mm barrels in stock on hk parts, but there special weapons barrels so idk k version looks cooler for sure but hk never made those weapons and I’d rather want reliability and safety over the cool guy factor

Adam
Contact me directly for one of the 10+ kit builds I mentioned. Ralph gets about 10-15 “is my gun ready now” calls, texts, emails per day...each call pulling him away from building 😉.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts