HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title suggests I need you guy's to help me decide on something. I just recently bought a VP70, and it has quite a few signs of use. So I've decided to either get it hard chromed by tripp, or NP3'd by robar. I need your help deciding which one's better. I would like to get my slide, mag and all internals done (that includes barrel, and chamber). All opinions are welcome, and greatly appreciated.

·
2,832 Posts
gonna be honest here.......leave it as it is, its not IMOP worth spending a few hun getting it re-finished, be better of to sell as-is and buy a nice one($400-500)

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,921 Posts
I have always heard that NP3 was better for internals on a gun but tripp was better for externals of a gun. Something about hard chrome being harder, and NP3 being kind of self lubricating. Doing both sounds very expensive though. I would also be interested to see if the two would match up without messing up the timing in the weapon.

I have also read from one of our members (Name with held to protect the innocent, and the guilty ha ha) that after they had a pistol refinished he started having alot of problems with it. I think it was feeding problems if I recall correctly. That was on a HK but he owns a few Walthers that he has never had any problems with after refinishing.

With that in mind I think I would leave it as is or do like Landpimp suggested. I would be kinda worried about it causing problems. Just me talking though good luck.

·
Registered
510 Posts
There was a long thread with good detail and excelent pictures about 2 weeks ago. look back or do a search. Good stuff
Arthur

·
2,832 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all you're feedback guy's. I've decided to go with the NP3. Now all I have to do is wait for a good special. When my gun gets back I'll steal a digital camera off my friend so I can show everybody! Thanks again!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts