HKPRO Forums banner

HK45C V1 GGI or Convert to Light LEM and GGI

Help Me Decide I have this Gun HK45C V1 ? GGI ? or Light LEM + GGI

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  bordercop 
#1 ·
I am trying to decide what to do with my HK45C V1, my two choices are to send it off to GGI for a V1 RRCPP or Convert it to Light LEM then send it off to GGI to work their magic.

I have a P2000SK 9mm Light LEM that I really like and shoot well, I also really like my HK45C V9 SA trigger, but I do not like the safety it interferes with my initial firing grip which to me is the first most important step to a quick presentation and accurate follow up shots.

#3 ·
Sounds like you like the LEM so I'd go the LEM route. Send a DA/SA to GGI and it's still going to come back a DA/SA just with a better trigger.

I just got a killer deal on a HK45c light LEM with GGI work done on it and it is beyond amazing but I just warn you that the trigger travel to reset is almost non existent. This might bother you having such a light trigger with very minimal reset. I love the GGI HK45c I just received but I still carry my V1 .45c until I can get enough trigger time behind this GGI trigger, after I become comfortable with it then it will be my EDC.

#4 ·
Darebear,
I am looking for a shorter trigger reset as the primary goal either way that I go, a question for you is.....

When you say trigger travel to reset is very short (yeah) Does the initial uptake of " slack distance " change or just the reset distance ?

As long as the initial uptake travel ( slack ) is the same long distance I would have no problem with the shorter reset and be a very happy man.

#7 ·
As long as the initial uptake travel ( slack ) is the same long distance I would have no problem with the shorter reset and be a very happy man.
Then you've answered your own question. Get the LEM.

#5 ·
LEM in the HK45C (and USP) is much nicer than in the P2000SK. Reset is very short with the HK45C and the hammer does not make the large movements that occur in the P2000SK.

You can convert at your kitchen table. Gray Guns work can be done later if (somehow) the HK45C isn't what you want. Is no M1911, but is good for me. Light LEM is still just springs so install them during the conversion. Or rather leave all the V1 springs in place and just install the mechanicals.

-- Chuck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.