HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok truly the best trigger of all my HK weapons my 45 Tact. I have 2 LEM's but want them all as close to the same as possible.

Please take a look at my occupational prudence list and help me with suggestions.

Sent from my ThunderBolt in the future - using Skynet

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can I get that for both my P30's and new HK45ct as well ad my USP 40c & 45c and upcoming HK45.

Trying to make them as close as possible to my USP T match trigger. Don't really need the decocker on any of them.

Sent from my ThunderBolt in the future - using Skynet

·
Registered
18,642 Posts
I don't think it would work on the P30s, but you can add a Match kit to your USPc .40 and .45. The Match trigger won't fit the USPc trigger guard, but you can still use the original trigger (without the overtravel stop screw) or drill and tap the hole for the overtravel stop screw.

The HK45/HK45C/HK45CT already has the Match hammer spring and Match (nickel) flat spring, so all you need are the Match TRS and Match hammer. Again, the Match trigger won't fit because of the trigger guard, but you can do the same (drill a hole or use the original trigger without the screw).

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
but you can add a Match kit to your USPc .40 and .45. The Match trigger won't fit the USPc trigger guard, but you can still use the original trigger (without the overtravel stop screw) or drill and tap the hole for the overtravel stop screw.
Not so concerned with the overtravel screw stop, but I'd assume its possible one could sand/contour the Match trigger to fit the trigger guard...

The HK45/HK45C/HK45CT already has the Match hammer spring and Match (nickel) flat spring, so all you need are the Match TRS and Match hammer. Again, the Match trigger won't fit because of the trigger guard, but you can do the same (drill a hole or use the original trigger without the screw).
So does the Match Trigger come with the trigger stop screw already in place, just needing bottoming clearance tolerance adjustment..?

Appreciate your help and knowledge TooSixy..

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I don't think the match trigger can even be installed, even if you shave the trigger. I have set screws in my LEM HK45/C triggers and they are fantastic. They are a little tricky to drill though.

·
Registered
18,642 Posts
Not so concerned with the overtravel screw stop, but I'd assume its possible one could sand/contour the Match trigger to fit the trigger guard...
There is a review on HKParts that someone used a Dremel to shave the Match trigger to fit the trigger guard.

So does the Match Trigger come with the trigger stop screw already in place, just needing bottoming clearance tolerance adjustment..
The screw comes separately. You just screw it on before you install the trigger (using the hex key). Not sure about shaving the bottom part of the trigger to fit as I haven't tried yet.

If you already have a LEM and want the Match + LEM Hybrid Trigger, don't buy the whole Match Trigger kit. You'll save a lot of $$$ just by buying the needed Match parts separately because the Match hammer is the most expensive part in the kit and you won't need it (you're using the LEM bobbed hammer). If you're interested in pursuing this further, I can provide a list of parts that you will need.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Ok, setting aside the P30's for now, but for the record....
P30 9mm is not LEM
P30 .40 is LEM

My USPc .40 SS is already LEM...
My USPc .45 SS is not LEM yet...

I would def like to pursue this first on my HK45ct which is not LEM yet either...

So as you can see, my boys are all over the map and I would like to get this narrowed down to being consistent...
Looks like I'll be needing to order parts for my 45ct....

Or Maybe I should just work on getting them to all be Light LEM for consistency sake, and look to my USP Tact for that special treat from time to time at the range... I really love the reset on the 45ct, and the trigger is pretty darn crisp. Not as sweet as the USP Tact, but damn close....

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
I would convert them all to LEM before anything else. They will all be ''close'' to the same then. Then after that see which ones need more attention.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks..... found that on a search as well...

I read that HK doesn't really approve of the mod for the P30, perhaps thats why HKParts doesn't stock it...

not an HK authorized conversion but a collection of parts that do the job. One should really just buy the P30 in LEM to start with

·
Registered
74 Posts
Make sure you have the new firing pin block in your pistols and if you do you can get a lighter spring for it. That will help reduce the trigger pull a bit.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I ordered a pair of LEM kits for the 45CT (unsure on date code) and the USP 45c AK date code...
Both are brand spankin new this year, so I'd assume they have the new firing pin block....
I'm not sure - or what to check for.... still at work.

·
Registered
61 Posts
HK Triggers

I like the trigger on USP CT v1, right out of the box. My P30 v3 just the opposite, the heaviness seems like it increased towards the end of the pull. Then you have almost a 1/4" of overtravel. Changing out the TBS helps take some of the weight out of the trigger.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts