HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok I need to sell my unfired (since factory) BA USP 9 SD I purchased in 2011 from a CO gunshop via GB, paid $960ish. JF, 2 JF mags, TLR-3 light, hkpart.net flash hider, tornado TP, Hogue grip (all new) and a Eagle made HK tactical case (like new from another member here) were added to put together a package, (all together $550ish).

So what is a fair asking price for the whole package?

I am leaning toward to parting out my add-ons and selling the factory package. (2 15 rd mags, manual, spent casing, everything except the factory hard case, which I gave to a friend after getting the tactical case) In that case how much should I ask? I may have a FTF buyer.

Appreciate any input, thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
To get top money you will really need to find a collector who has an interest in a NIB, unfired gun of that date code. However, the lack of hard case would make most collectors pass if they were looking for a collection completer. If I just wanted a new 9 SD I'd go to buds where right now a NIB 9 SD can be had for about $1100.

I don't think I'd pay more than about 85% for the gun from a private seller who says NIB vs. a guaranteed new from a dealer. I've seen far to many people who call NIB and then after being pressed admit they've shot a few boxes of ammo through it. It sounds like yours is NIB, but without a detailed hands-on its hard to validate that claim over the net. Also buds charges $0 for shipping so the 85% is my out the door price, you'd have to cover the shipping charges/FFL fees (if any) on your side.

The accessories are proably worth 50% vs new as a package. Because the chance you will find someone who wants all the accessories, and is willing to pay a near full price for them is low. You might have better return on your money selling them off individually.

My estimate is about $900-925 on the gun. And the accessories vary depending on individual sale vs. package deal.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Those jet funnel mags sell for around $60 each. You might want to sell that seperately along with the light. I would say you chould get close to $900 for the gun itself stock. Do you have the original 15 round mags?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks for all the replies. Unfortunately a 2010 USP 9 SD is not likely to become a collector's piece, out of all USPs I have in my sig, the combat competition may have a chance. Don't have a can right now, but I shoot my friend's 40 Silencerco with my USP tac whenever we hit the range together, it is real nice. Will post in WTS if local deal fall through.
To get top money you will really need to find a collector who has an interest in a NIB, unfired gun of that date code. However, the lack of hard case would make most collectors pass if they were looking for a collection completer. If I just wanted a new 9 SD I'd go to buds where right now a NIB 9 SD can be had for about $1100.

I don't think I'd pay more than about 85% for the gun from a private seller who says NIB vs. a guaranteed new from a dealer. I've seen far to many people who call NIB and then after being pressed admit they've shot a few boxes of ammo through it. It sounds like yours is NIB, but without a detailed hands-on its hard to validate that claim over the net. Also buds charges $0 for shipping so the 85% is my out the door price, you'd have to cover the shipping charges/FFL fees (if any) on your side.

The accessories are proably worth 50% vs new as a package. Because the chance you will find someone who wants all the accessories, and is willing to pay a near full price for them is low. You might have better return on your money selling them off individually.

My estimate is about $900-925 on the gun. And the accessories vary depending on individual sale vs. package deal.

·
Registered
4,181 Posts
I'd put a price tag of $850 on it and see where it gets me. Maybe start at $900 and depending on how fast you need to make a sale lower it accordingly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts