HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just about ready to make a move on on a 9MM suppressor. The 2 main hosts will be a HK P9S threaded in 1/2X28, the other a Vector MP5K 9MM clone that also has been threaded 1/2X28. This gun would run Semi auto only for now.

I have basically have it down to the Trident, Trinity, or the EVO (or I am open to others if they are better). Anyone who can help me their opinion of weight, cost, effectivness, length, and customer service would be much appriciated. The only suppressor experience I have is a .22lr TAC-65 on my HK P7K3 in .22lr., I have a lot of fun with that set up!

As with anyone, trying to get the most bang (in this case least bang!) for the BUCK! Thanks in advance for your help.

Rick

·
1,251 Posts
I would go with the the Trident as a first choice, Evo as second choice, Trinity as third.

The Trident is the best 9mm can on the market and it's sold by the company with the best customer service in the business.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank You fella's, I was leaning towards the Trident. Just needing some one to push me over the edge so to speak. Now is there anyway to pay less than retail or just be lurking on the boards at the right time? I am a LEO, would that afford me any leeway in cost? Most of those questions can probably find out for myself, what is the least someone has paid for one? This can will probably stay with me, so I quess cost is part of the process, but you can't help but to try to get a "little" deal!

Rick

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
Can for MP5

I'm in the same boat as you are just probably a couple of months ahead. What I have found is that the prices are pretty well fixed for the popular units. I'm sure someone will have some buddy that can get you a couple of bucks off but that doesn't seem to be the norm. Also, because of the dynamics of the process, you probably won't find a used one out there, though some dealer may have a demo model which might be a little cheaper (which is what I did to get a raptor). Heavy Metal Armory in Bradenton seems to have "sales" though I don't see the Trident as being offered. I've not seen advertised discounts for creds but you could always ask. The advice that the others gave you on choices is consistent with my research. I chose the Raptor over the Trident because it was to be strictly for my HK94SBR "MP5" with no handgun application. For my SP89SBR "MP5K-N" I'm getting the Gemtech MK-9K. It has a nice "look" on the PDW setup and has great sound performance. For the two firearms that you mentioned, the Trident would be a great choice.
Also, the can will stay with you because I believe you have to pay another $200 to sell it. That's probably why there are no used cans on the market. The other guys have more experience with cans and can better explain that process to you especially if I have misstated the facts.
Good luck and check out Drew in Bradenton if you are able.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I like the Trinity because I trust Gemtech, and I like that Gemtech designed it to be used on any 9mm weapon with proper adapters including Uzis, MP5s, Glocks, Berettas, etc.

·
Super Moderator
4,379 Posts
I've got the Trinity and it sees use on full-auto on my BW5 but is mostly used on my P7M8 pistol. I'm sure there are suppressors that are quieter; however, I really like this unit and its compact size. I was pleasantly surprised.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a Gemtech Raptor and I love it.. I also have one of their Outbacks and I have to say that their quality is #1, So I would not hesitate to go with any of their products.. +1

·
Registered
244 Posts
Trident 9 all the way...modular (can use it on a variety of weapons)...quiet....good qaulity....good customer service (Henry)...fun to shoot.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Another Trident-9 supporter here. I have all three modules for mine. Fantastic can with outstanding sound suppression and from a company with the best customer service/support in the industry.

What is not to like?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Trident 9 or an Evo-9. The Gemtech Trinity is LOUD, and there's nothing you can do with a Trinity that you can't do with a Trident. I also don't trust their business practices anymore. They were great several years ago, but nowadays they're slipping. Also, SWR's customer service is second-to-none. Absolute best inthe industry.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I'm with Jonnyc, I would get either an evo9 or trident. The gemtech wouldn't even be a consideration to me. From what I understand the trident has a slight edge over the evo in sound reduction, however the trident is also a larger can. The trinity is a far back third.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Another Trident-9 supporter here. I have all three modules for mine. Fantastic can with outstanding sound suppression and from a company with the best customer service/support in the industry.

+1 on the Trident-9.... It's easy to change out the mounting system (I also have all of them) and people are always amazed at how quiet it is (when running subsonic ammo). I (jokingly) asked Henry if I could get a commission for all the sales I was referring his way... he just chuckled. I think that means "no."

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
I will join the Trident crowd. I have one and the 3-lug and threaded adaptors. My PDW is threaded in the HK treading 1/2 x 32 TPI. While their website does not advertised one as being available for that threading they had made some up at one time and sold one to me for the same price as the other sizes. Can't say enough good things about Henry and the good service he provided. You won't go wrong. Also, use the suppressor on my 9mm Beretta Compact and it works great there, too.

I also got a Battlecloth case for it and the attachments just the other day. It is pretty slick.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Guys, I ordered the Trident this week with the 1/2X28 adaptor. I have a real cool C3 dealer and he has done business with SWR, so i got a very nice deal. It helps when I can help him out with the P7K3 (we both own one).

My MP5K (Veector) is already threaded for it and I am sending my P9S barrel out to Mark McWillis to have it threaded as well. Henry said no LID for the P9S since it has a semi fixed barrel. Can anyone comfirm this with the P9S?

Hpoefully the order and Marks work and the tax stamp will all coinside!

Thanks for the help.

Rick

·
Registered
187 Posts
Guys, I ordered the Trident this week with the 1/2X28 adaptor. I have a real cool C3 dealer and he has done business with SWR, so i got a very nice deal. It helps when I can help him out with the P7K3 (we both own one).

My MP5K (Veector) is already threaded for it and I am sending my P9S barrel out to Mark McWillis to have it threaded as well. Henry said no LID for the P9S since it has a semi fixed barrel. Can anyone comfirm this with the P9S?

Hpoefully the order and Marks work and the tax stamp will all coinside!

Thanks for the help.

Rick
Congrats! You're gonna be happy with it. The P9S doesn't require an LCD (Gemtech calls it a LID and as far as I know they have it trademarked). You should also be able to use it on your P7 as well if you can get a hold of a .5x28tpi without purchasing anything else.

·
1,251 Posts
Yep.. The P9S has a fixed barrel, so there is no need for a recoil booster.

Congrats on purchasing the best 9mm suppressor on the market!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My P7K3 suppresses very nice with the TAC-65. I have heard that the 9MM P7M8 is not so friendly for suppression. Reports are that the gas-delayed system throws much back into your face from back pressure. Only going on what I have read from some who have done it.

Rick

1 - 20 of 23 Posts