HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I feel I am getting ready to make a big mistake heres the deal I just listed my early imported HK 93 on gunbroker and ARF.com, I am now getting cold feet one reason I have had this since the 70s and LOVE IT the problem is and reason I thought of selling it is I bought a PVS 14 nv unit to put behind a eotech 553 and don't have enough rail space my buddys all have AR.S and almost convinced me to swich both my PTR 91 and mty HK 93 for a DPMS 223 and a DPMS 308 w/pic.rail
my opinion in the 70s was ARs were junk and before everyone jumps down my barrel I realize they have improved and I am going to buy one but my question is
is there anyway to get a rail system for the 91/93
Is it possible to have a rail tiged on or should I just give in and buy the AR
I do have claw mounts how about having a rail tiged on one of my spare mounts so not to ruin the gun
thanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
Unless you are a SHTF'er or a Mall Ninga, I see no reason to have an elaborate rail system, or a rail system at all. The Stanag mount should be quite sufficient for most applications. Sorry, that's my 2 cents worth, and I'll be quiet now

Shot at 2008-01-12

·
Premium Member
3,978 Posts
Have you experimented with the various B&T rail mounts? We have a few rifles at work set up the way you are talking about, and it requires no more rail than the standard AR flat top rail. It seems to me B&T offers a claw/clamp mount top rail that is about that long? I'd look into these before I sold a 93 and bought an AR....

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you saved my life I just went to there site will order one tommorow and a few other things they had THANKS
by the way what is your opinion on the DPMS LR - AP4 for a assult rifle?

·
Premium Member
3,978 Posts
sent you a PM

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Is that why you had it up for sale? I am SOOOOOOOO glad you worked it out!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts