HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help, MR556 rear take down pin is stuck in the open position- I know the tool it comes with but the I was trying to pound the pin in:41:

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
Try and compress the spring with the tool (or a small screwdriver, whatever) while pushing the pin back in from the other side.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Read your freaking manual. Geez louise you probably broke it trying to pound it in.

You have to insert the tool into the pin to both open it and close it.

·
Banned
879 Posts
Wow......while yer at it, just grab a drill and drill that puppy out.

What's the worst that could happen?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok, I admit, it has been about 6 months since I got it and forgot that I needed to use the allen key to put it back together, :8:. What a pain. I was pounding the **** out of it, and oddly enough the front pin I was able to push in. Anyone change the pins to standard pins?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Anyone change the pins to standard pins?
a few people on here have done it if i recall, straight forward change out. But since you John Henry'ed the **** out of your factory pins you might want to try searching this forum for it, i believe someone walked through the steps they took to change them out.

·
Banned
4,248 Posts
a few people on here have done it if i recall, straight forward change out. But since you John Henry'ed the **** out of your factory pins you might want to try searching this forum for it, i believe someone walked through the steps they took to change them out.
http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk416-hk417-hq/153464-mr556-take-down-pin-removal.html

Given his apparent lack of mechanical inclination and his "guess i'll beat the piss out of it" reaction, I would not recommend him taking on the above task.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts

·
Banned
879 Posts
Naw....give him an RBFH and let him go to town...... Like I said, what's the worst that could happen?

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts

·
Registered
1,053 Posts

·
Banned
879 Posts
It gets sent to me and then I have to fix it.
Cha-Ching!!!!

That's like money in the bank, right?

You want to mail him the RBFH or should I?

If I do, I want a percentage...... ;-)

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Cha-Ching!!!!

That's like money in the bank, right?

You want to mail him the RBFH or should I?

If I do, I want a percentage...... ;-)
Yer terrible Grumpy, just terrible, lol.

·
Banned
879 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts