HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a PTR32 Gen II with integral rail

I like the iron sights and have had some success with conventional glass scopes but would like to try a red dot type sight.
I also have a set of Warne QD mounts/rings that I used with these scopes and they work well.

I would like to stay under $300 and this eliminates the high enders.

I am leaning towards the Ultradot 6 at around $260 but really have NO experience with these type of sights.

The weapon really doesn't have a lot of recoil but there is that roller lock impulse... any suggestions would be helpful, Thanks, TreeDog

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
I have had good luck with Primary Arms optics. Maybe something like this.

Just search for Primary Arms advanced micro red dot.

Edit - Couldn't get URL to work right for whatever reason.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Aemun, It would work but I want to have a use for the Warne QD mounts I have, so need something compatible.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mine is the PTR32KFM4R GEN2 with the adjustable stock. Have been playing with the sight picture for at least 3 range sessions, using the HK turret.
There is a definite learning curve, especially if your used to the standard fixed type furniture. I keep looking at that welded rail like it's begging for me
to plant something on it. I had to do some hard reasoning as to my expectations for my PTR's primary use. Foremost acquiring a fast target lock on was
paramount, next was operating distance, finally less than optimal light levels. I have been looking at the Meprolight catalog #ML31506 night sight.
Made for HK's MP5, 91, 93, & 94. They say the Tritium compound used as illumination has a lifespan of 10 to 15 years. I've got the rest of the winter
to research looking for a reason not to lay down the 100 or so $'s.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts