HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took apart my SL-6, .223 for a pre coyote/fox season clean up and found I REALLY need to replace the rubber buffer plate (H&K Part # 220418)

H&K says SL rifle parts are on the way - 30-45 days out and they don't know what exactly is in the container.

There are several coyotes destined to serve up their pelts before that.

Any leads on where to find the part listed above would be GREATLY appreciated.

I don't want to have to take up ice fishing!!!:720: I shudder at the thought of it.:26:

Not much else to do around here mid winter!!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Awhile back someone posted that they made a buffer plate for one of the older rifles. Can't remember if it was for one of the SL's or the 300/630/770 etc.(seems like I can't remember s#*t anymore)Try to do a search. Maybe it'll pop up. Wish I had one to lend you.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Yep. The pelts are prime now.

Do you have another rifle that you could use instead?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I have another rifle to use, just that this one fits the role soooooo perfectly.

I may try to fabricate one from a take off high quality shotgun rubber butt pad I have here. The rubber is east to carve, shape and is about the consistency as the buffer plate in my SL-7 (which is too big for the SL-6).

Figure we can shape it to match pretty much perfectly and should serve the purpose until H&K can get some more.

I'll get 3 for each rifle when they are available!!!

H&K now says 1st quarter 2008 for parts availability. Hope they have some mags also.

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,739 Posts
I would buy as many as you can when they are available. HK Parts arrival is sort of like the Lotto. I know the folks on this side of the pond try really hard, but they really speak the truth when they say they do not know what is going to be shipped or when it is going to get here.

I know it might be considered heresy by some, but you're takin' out varmints... ever consider having that rifle integrally suppressed? I'm sure that the yotes would have a wonderful WTF? look, suitable for framing...

·
2,832 Posts
OK......I feel bad...I got the last SL6 buffer last week from HK :( I ordered 4 and got 1.

but my old buffer was really not in bad shape(its certainly servicable)....so if you want it...shoot me a PM and its yours, but I wont be able to get it to you untill next week....I am not getting near the Post Office ;)

if I were to make a buffer for a SL6 I think I would use a Buffer Tech for a Tec 9, it looks(from the pics) just like a sheet of buffer material that you can shape to fit the SL6, this was an idea from my HK dealer. On my 300 I used a HK MP5 A3 stock H buffer, cut it down to fit, but it would not work on the SL6. Still waiting for the boat to show up with the 300 buffer, I was sent the latter buffer which wont fit the early guns(but kept the buffer)

speaking of Coyotes, I have never had them around before I live downtown by the water)....but this week a big one showed up...he is feasting on a raccoon.....been eating at it all week...it was a BIG ****,I do worry about my dogs but they are old and dont go anyplace outside without me.....and I can cap the song dog if i need to...not sure its legal to just shoot em over here for no reason though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts