HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi. Posted in the stickied thread, but haven't gotten any replies. I'm guessing no one's noticed.

Anyway, I'm trying to nail down the part numbers I need to lighten the trigger pull on my USPc .40 with the LEM tigger package.

My gun has an AG manufacture code so I'm assuming it's a newer than 2005 model so it should need (if I'm reading the 20 page thread correctly) HK part numbers:

209296 for the Firing Pin Block Spring

209266 for the Trigger Return Spring.

Is this information correct?

I called Numrich (e-gunparts.com) and they have the FPB spring in stock for $3.15. They do not have the HK pn 209266 TRS in their system at all.

HK says they can get me the parts in 60-90 days...but I'd rather not wait that long.

The stickied thread also mentions Numrich item numbers that correspond (I suppose) to the older FPB and TRS for the pre-2005 weapons.

Those numbers are:

602840 FPB

603360 TRS.

Will either or both of these numbers work in my gun? They have both in stock and I ordered both JIC.

This is just a complete guess on my part, but if I'm understanding the thread correctly, the item numbers from Numrich correspond to these numbers from HK (from the first post in the stickied thread):

Firing pin block spring # 214192
Trigger return spring # 214164

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Sean

***EDIT*** After re-reading this, I haven't made my question very clear. I realize that the 209266 and 209296 PNs are the ones I need to do the job.

What I still question is if the Numrich item numbers: 602840 FPB and 603360 TRS correspond to the older HK 214192 FPB and 214164 TRS numbers or the newer HK numbers?

Is there any chance the older HK numbers will still function in my USPc like they did in BigBore's P2000?

Sorry for the ramblings. :)

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Hi. Posted in the stickied thread, but haven't gotten any replies. I'm guessing no one's noticed.

Anyway, I'm trying to nail down the part numbers I need to lighten the trigger pull on my USPc .40 with the LEM tigger package.

My gun has an AG manufacture code so I'm assuming it's a newer than 2005 model so it should need (if I'm reading the 20 page thread correctly) HK part numbers:

209296 for the Firing Pin Block Spring

209266 for the Trigger Return Spring.

Is this information correct?

I called Numrich (e-gunparts.com) and they have the FPB spring in stock for $3.15. They do not have the HK pn 209266 TRS in their system at all.

HK says they can get me the parts in 60-90 days...but I'd rather not wait that long.

The stickied thread also mentions Numrich item numbers that correspond (I suppose) to the older FPB and TRS for the pre-2005 weapons.

Those numbers are:

602840 FPB

603360 TRS.

Will either or both of these numbers work in my gun? They have both in stock and I ordered both JIC.

This is just a complete guess on my part, but if I'm understanding the thread correctly, the item numbers from Numrich correspond to these numbers from HK (from the first post in the stickied thread):

Firing pin block spring # 214192
Trigger return spring # 214164

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Sean

***EDIT*** After re-reading this, I haven't made my question very clear. I realize that the 209266 and 209296 PNs are the ones I need to do the job.

What I still question is if the Numrich item numbers: 602840 FPB and 603360 TRS correspond to the older HK 214192 FPB and 214164 TRS numbers or the newer HK numbers?

Is there any chance the older HK numbers will still function in my USPc like they did in BigBore's P2000?

Sorry for the ramblings. :)
When you do the conversion on the P2K LEM you are putting in the springs from the USP and USPC (same springs). So, the springs you need to do the conversion on the USP/C LEM are the springs that are needed from a V1 USP/C. The springs I listed should work but I cannot swear to it. The main difference in the springs I listed for older guns and the newer guns I THINK are that the TRS are a bit stronger to put people at ease about sometimes the trigger not returning all the way forward. It resets but sometimes with the weaker spring listed the trigger will not go all the way back forward when SLOWLY released, and why one would do this I have no idea but it un-nerves some when they release the trigger slowly and the trigger does not go all the way forward. Like I said though, it does go forward far enough to reset the trigger.
The thing is these springs are dirt cheap so if you get them and they don't work you are out at most $5.
Also, note that the springs might not look just like the spring you take out and that is no need for concern.
I have no idea how GPC's part numbers correspond to HK's because I have never ordered these springs from them.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay. Thanks very much. I appreciate the input.

I ordered all 3 part numbers figuring (like you) that it's only a few bucks, might as well try it.

Guess I'll see how it goes when I get them an install them. I'll then post up to the sticky thread to let everyone know if it will or won't work.

I think I'm going to go ahead and also back order the correct TRS spring for my gun and wait the 60-90 days....again, just a few bucks and some time.

Thanks for the help and the great thread. I'm really looking forward to the lighter pull. :)

Sean

1 - 3 of 3 Posts