HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for advice from the true HK community.
I have decided to go with a P2sk in 9mm LEM.
I have a chance to get this from my local dealer for $700 plus tax. The gun is new old stock. I think it is 2005-2006 model. (the plastic grip has the older logo on it). I don't think the gun has changed any in the design since then.
The night sights are 6 years old on a new gun.

The alternative is to buy a brand new current p2000sk. Which brand new is about $200-$250 more.
Any input is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
207 Posts
Well, the tritium sights should be effectively bright for at least another 6 years, so that's not an immediate concern. Also, you could always buy a new set of sights. Depending on what sights you bought and whether you did the work yourself, this option could cost you more or less than the difference in price between buying the NOS pistol you're looking at or a "brand-new" one. I don't know of any other differences or concerns regarding a model built in 2005 compared to one built more recently, but I'm not an expert on the P2000SK so some may possibly exist.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick response Sir! I am a local in NJ. Looking for this to be an off duty/cc piece. It will be my first HK.
On duty is p229 .357 sig. Thought I would go with 9mm in the p2ksk bc of the compact size and many on this board seem to prefer the 9mm in the sk frame. I see that u have it in a .40 though.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Thanks for the quick response Sir! I am a local in NJ. Looking for this to be an off duty/cc piece. It will be my first HK.
On duty is p229 .357 sig. Thought I would go with 9mm in the p2ksk bc of the compact size and many on this board seem to prefer the 9mm in the sk frame. I see that u have it in a .40 though.
I do, but I barely get to shoot it anymore as my wife confiscated it for her own use. :D It's a great pistol in .40 S&W and the recoil is negligible.

It's a darn shame they don't offer the SK in .357 SIG. That would be the perfect option for you.

I think your P229 is a good pistol. I owned a P229 SAS in .40 S&W for several years. Just a little "fat" for my tastes. We were still carrying the P7M8 when I retired in '91.

·
Registered
120 Posts
+1. The P2000sk LEM is an all around great gun and can accept the larger P2000, and P30 mags for additional capacity if you carry an additional mag. You definitely won't be disappointed and I can't think of any reason to pay several hundred more for the same gun that simply has a later production date with no significant mechanical/cosmetic differences.

·
Registered
881 Posts
I would get the older P2000sk and when the time is needed for additional parts (new night sights, etc..) you will then have a change to customize the gun the way you like it.
In all reality, even if you purchase the new P2000sk, you will most likely end up changing the same items that you would have changed on the older P2000sk.

They are fantastic guns.

+1 for XTrooper - he is a great source of knowledge and has directed me in the right direction on some issues I had with my P30

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Damn! This is killin me! Thanks for all the responses. I am picking it up tomorrow but am still on the fence as far as caliber goes. I know there are several threads on this and I have read em all. The place has the gun in .40, 9mm and .357. The .357 is only in v3 though. Gotta have the LEM because we use the p229 in DAK. Wanna keep the action the same

·
Registered
234 Posts
Gotta have the LEM because we use the p229 in DAK. Wanna keep the action the same
Not quite the same. The DAK has two resets, with the shorter reset being the heavier trigger pull weight and the full reset being the lighter one. The LEM only has one reset which is at the same point where the standard single action (from the da/sa variants) would reset. It is lighter, roughly at 4.5 to 5.5 pounds, unless you opt for medium or heavy LEM, which would be 6.5 to 9+ pounds). The difference is that if you release the LEM trigger completely, you have a long, albeit light, take up. But, I mean when you actually shoot, you practice only releasing the trigger until it resets. The only time you should deal with the long take up is on the first shot and when you do a mag change.

Some of that info might be old news to you, but I felt it worth mentioning since the DAK and LEM are not the same.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Good to know you can still find the P2000SK in .357 SIG. I didn't know that.

Thanks!

·
Registered
316 Posts
I have decided to go with a P2sk in 9mm LEM.
I have a chance to get this from my local dealer for $700 plus tax. The gun is new old stock.
Where is this local dealer you speak of....700$ is a really good price. I'm in ny just over the border (close enough to shoot a NJ resident from my porch if I have to), but I'm willing to drive there and have it shipped for that price !! Do they have more ?

Seriously... let me know via PM if you willing. Esp. if they have more.

K

·
Registered
234 Posts
Where is this local dealer you speak of....700$ is a really good price. I'm in ny just over the border (close enough to shoot a NJ resident from my porch if I have to), but I'm willing to drive there and have it shipped for that price !! Do they have more ?

Seriously... let me know via PM if you willing. Esp. if they have more.

K
There's a 9mm p2k medium LEM at my LGS that is supposedly new old stock. It's 650. I checked it out myself. Field stripped it on the spot. Has slight barrel hood wear, but that could have been due to people racking the slide. It checks out otherwise. Has trits too from what I remember.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I own and shoot a few HK pistols but my 9mm P2000 SK V3 is one of my favorites. Amazingly accurate and uber reliable.

It's a great pistol. ;)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Go for the new-old stock and save a couple hundred. You can use the saving for ammo and the extended mag release part (about $25). When the sights go out in a few years you can replace them.

I would go with 9MM to you can practice a lot. The SK is fun to shoot and low recoil in 9MM.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts