HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would greatly appreciate a little insight into how to disassemble my newly purchased HK 300. I've searched the forum threads and received an owners manual pdf from Javier (sp), but for some reason the instructions I've read didn't work. Perhaps I have a different edition than what the manual describes. The rifle's serial number is 023086.

1) I've removed the trigger assembly
2) Removed the end cap, retaining pin, and buffer
3) the buffer slid out as described, but the bolt is stopping on something metal. The manual said the bolt should slide out with the buffer.

I removed the base plate, which frees the stock from the barrel/receiver, but than decided to stop and ask for help. For what it's worth, the gun fires flawlessly.

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A follow-up question:

The H&K service department said that I can push on the back of the firing pin, making it flush with the bolt, and that will allow me to lift/slide the whole thing out. I can't make the pin flush to the back of the bolt...even with a punch like he recommended.

Can the pin travel forward enough to be flush? Am I not using enough elbow grease?

Thanks!

·
Registered
95 Posts
I just disassembled mine with the same steps that you used and the bolt slid right out of the back of the receiver. I did notice that when I placed the bolt back into the receiver for reassembly that the flat portion on the bottom of the bolt has to be parallel with the receiver in order for it to go in. You might try looking to see if that is occurring. Also, try depressing the charging handle release at the same time as removing the bolt to make sure it is free.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts