HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried a paddle holster and teklok owb holster by bladetech.
Both seem to ride high on me with the p7m8 .
How uncomfortable is a milt spark v2 iwb to wear?
Does any one have experience with a iwb holster that can really be worn
for most of the day or in a vehicle for several hours at a time?
I have no reference so any information would be welcome
thanks
bob

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have considerable experience wearing a Milt Sparks VM2 with a Nighthawk Talon II (a Commander size 1911). I find it very comfortable -- even for extended periods and while driving long distances. I recently acquired one for a P7M8; and while I've only given it a limited trial, it seems at least as comfortable as the one with the Talon. After all, the P7 is lighter and more compact.

I've worn the P7M8 in a Del Fatti ISP-LP that I was able to get from Lightning Arms Sports (http://www.lightningarms.com/products.htm ), and it's also very comfortable.

I've never had any luck with paddle holsters, nor with Kydex. I once tried a Kydex IWB holster and felt like the guest of honor at a game of 20 questions hosted by the Spanish Inquisition. I would have confessed to anything after an hour.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Bob......IMHO the best is a DelFatti ISP-LP. It carries my M13 perfectly all day, any day. Lightning Arms Holsters may have some in stock. Otherwise, you can order from DelFatti, but they take awhile.

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
The BELT is one of the biggest issues of carrying!!! ISW doesn't matter if it's Del Fatty Mitch, over priced, Sparks. You have to have a good quality belt. Kydex is also fine. you have to remember that a P7m8 weights almost as a USPf tach 45. www.fist-inc.com They make great holsters and you usually can speak to the owner. They also make great belts, for CCW.
Reasonably priced and also fast shipping. TJ

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to everyone for their response.
I appreciate the comments on a good belt. I do have one.
Looks like the isp-lp is in stock at lightning arms :)
thanks again
bob

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'll probably get flamed for saying this, but if IWB carry is uncomfortable you may want to try one of the "Crossbreed" holsters, or one of the Tucker gunleather "Answer" holsters. I carry primarily in a VM-II but I have one of the crossbreeds. It's ugly as hell but very comfortable. HTH

1 - 6 of 6 Posts