HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My new LEM trigger kit came in today. I tried to install it myself and I really screwed up everything. I cannot get the gun back together. I live in the Columbus Ohio area if you guys know of any good gunsmith that works on HKs and could take care of this for me please let me know I’d like to have this gun up and running soon.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do not. I’ve taken all the parts back out of the gun. I did follow a YouTube video on how to install it I got all of the parts in but then the trigger would not move. I did not want to squeeze too hard so I would not break anything.

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Eric @skullbox does one of the best series on the installation. It is a four part series. I’m not sure if it was in this series or another, but the best trick I found was using heavy grease to hold the cocking spring in place while installing the hammer.

https://youtu.be/Vp7z2LGZdLc

Also, a pure guess, is if the trigger doesn’t pull back, I believe it is the placement of the hammer strut in the hammer as you put it back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Teufelshund Tactical
7,213 Posts
If I had the time to drive to Virginia I would pay whatever you charge to do it
The usual process is shipping weapons for service. Happens multiple times a day here.

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
I sent you a PM, but this may help. A different video. It never hurts to see it done by someone else a second time. My current guess is you have the cocking piece in backwards. Which goes along with the hammer strut not fitting in properly.

https://youtu.be/D3h09meGDq0

It is pretty easy to put it in the wrong way.

James is excellent and will definitely help you out. However, I know what it’s like to want to learn and get it done yourself.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I did have the cocking piece backwards!! All is good. However I did read somewhere that you should keep the springs as is so I don’t install any of the springs that came with the kit and left the original ones in. Does that sound correct?

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
I did have the cocking piece backwards!! All is good. However I did read somewhere that you should keep the springs as is so I don’t install any of the springs that came with the kit and left the original ones in. Does that sound correct?
It has been a while, but I believe so. I know it will work with the standard springs. Glad to hear it worked.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts