HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday I took my sr9tc out to stretch its legs, first time I've done this since owning it. What I found was at 600yds my gen 3 hensoldt ran out of elevation. Is this common or am I missing something?

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
It's only designed for use from 100-600 meters.

·
Super Moderator
4,379 Posts
What yardage did you zero to ?
It's designed to be zeroed at 100m, adjusted so that that zero corresponds to the "1" setting, and then the elevation dial allows quick setting for known distance targets from 100 meters thru 600 meters based on the "1" thru "6" marks on the elevation dial.

·
Registered
6,689 Posts
It's designed to be zeroed at 100m, adjusted so that that zero corresponds to the "1" setting, and then the elevation dial allows quick setting for known distance targets from 100 meters thru 600 meters based on the "1" thru "6" marks on the elevation dial.
I'm aware of that , I had a Schmidt & Bender. It wasn't new when I bought it so the first thing I did was zero it to 109 yds ( 100 meters ).

Btw , the turrets were very accurate out to 400 yds ( the longest shots I made with the HK91 ).

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
4,379 Posts
I'm aware of that , I had a Schmidt & Bender. It wasn't new when I bought it so the first thing I did was zero it to 109 yds ( 100 meters ).

Btw , the turrets were very accurate out to 400 yds ( the longest shots I made with the HK91 ).

;). I shoulda known you were on it. :cheers:

·
Super Moderator
4,379 Posts
I can only access an indoor range nearby--it's a great facility that caters to all abilities including wheelchair-bound folks. Sadly, the longest range there is 20yds, but they allow all the fun stuff. I get out on average once ot twice a week, especially if there's a new toy to sort out.

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you guys. I zeroed at 100 yds. It was a sick tack driver at 600. I just was hoping to step back a bit futher. I have shot 300 with her and on Sunday I backed out to 600. Once I discovered I ran out of scope I tossed her back in the case. I ran out of time but next time I'll snap a pic of her in the wild.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Thank you guys. I zeroed at 100 yds. It was a sick tack driver at 600. I just was hoping to step back a bit futher. I have shot 300 with her and on Sunday I backed out to 600. Once I discovered I ran out of scope I tossed her back in the case. I ran out of time but next time I'll snap a pic of her in the wild.

Wait I thought you ran out of elevation at 600 yards but now saying that it was a tack driver at 600 yards. Was it basically just on at 600 and couldn't go further?

·
Registered
6,689 Posts
Wait I thought you ran out of elevation at 600 yards but now saying that it was a tack driver at 600 yards. Was it basically just on at 600 and couldn't go further?
As I remember the reticle is just a cross hair without stadia lines for ranging. You could experiment with raising the cross hair .

·
Registered
962 Posts
As I remember the reticle is just a cross hair without stadia lines for ranging. You could experiment with raising the cross hair .

Hensoldt 4x should just have a post type reticle. I think you're thinking of the G3SG1 scope 6x? I have one but never messed it yet.

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
At 600 I was out of scope. I was able to toss a nice for me group at 600 yds but my scope was maxed out.

·
Registered
6,689 Posts
No I was hitting at 600. I wanted to step back and try at 1000, but no more adjustment.
Okay , I gotcha now. Instead of shooting the reticle you are going to a hold over . Shouldn't be too hard , the boollitt's only about 40 feet in the air at it's highest point :biggrin:

·
Registered
6,689 Posts
We're you able to shoot it or just lay out in the sun :wink:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts