HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the forum, so hopefully this is the right place to post this. It looks like there are some other Hensoldt questions in this section.....

Does anyone know why they dropped the focus adjustment on the Fero Z24's? I just picked one up from CTD for my PTR and it is in excellent shape, even the rubber covers are like new. It is a really nice scope except that there is no diopter adjustment! My eyes are just bad enough that while I can still use it without glasses, it is an annoyance so I am just curious as to why this feature may have been dropped from the previous models 1 and 2.

Also, I have seen a lot of posts on here about the illuminators, but they are all old. Has the quality of the aftermarket illuminator (Leapers or UTG I think?) from rtg or CTD improved? Any place that currently has the good quality illuminators for sale?

Finally, while I am definately going to keep my Z24, does anyone know of any scopes in the mid-level price range (up to ~$600) that offers a decent magnification (up to 4X min and probably dont need more than 8X, variable preferred, but not necessary) and objective size (32-40mm), .308 BDC, illuminated reticle, AND a diopter adjustment in a length that will work with a PTR91? I have seen the Leupold MR/T which looks awesome, I just kind of have an aversion to spending more on the scope than I did on the gun. I have also found some cheap scopes (I have a Leapers) that fit the bill, but they dont hold zero with the recoil, my group sizes were much larger with the scope than I could shoot with iron sights.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Get one of the mil dot or 223 "tactical" scopes that is under a foot long and we can re-calculate the 223 BDC to more or less fit the 308, besides really need to shoot the setup at various ranges anyway.

·
Registered
964 Posts
I am new to the forum, so hopefully this is the right place to post this. It looks like there are some other Hensoldt questions in this section.....

Does anyone know why they dropped the focus adjustment on the Fero Z24's? I just picked one up from CTD for my PTR and it is in excellent shape, even the rubber covers are like new. It is a really nice scope except that there is no diopter adjustment!

Can you check to see if your reticule visibly moves up/down and right/left when you adjust the turrets?

·
Registered
74 Posts
On the ZF the reticle does not move when you adjust the turrets. On the older models it does unless they are stuck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts