HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently acquired a match trigger group from HKParts (VERY happy with it) and a Hensoldt Model One scope from RTG Parts (very nice, clear optics). I have a civilian HK91, and did need to remove the hard plastic bumper on the scope to get the scope to mount. I took it to the range, thinking that the scope comes with a case allowing a soldier to carry it and then mount it on the rifle as needed. Translation: I was certain I'd hit paper with the zero settings.

As you may have guessed, I did NOT hit paper with the zero settings. I didn't bring instructions to change the scope zero, and couldn't bring in a shot with the available range on the turrets.

Is this expected with a civilian HK 91 and a German Army surplus scope?

Also, should I be concerned about NOT having enough range to adjust the scope after I loosen the screws, etc?

And third and last question: can anyone recommend a decent (not expensive) bore sight laser for a 308?

Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So, let me answer my own question (I admit, it took a while). In retrospect, what I'm asking is whether there is enough mechanical adjustment range in the Hensoldt Model 1 scope to accommodate the necessary adjustment for a civilian HK-91. The answer is there definitely is. I've used the scope between 100 and 300 yards (not meters, sigh) and it performs well. I did notice that for small targets at 300 yards, I was able to hit consistently with 168 gr HPBT, but not with M80 ball.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts