HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
18,617 Posts
Most of us know that the reason the USP Expert trigger is much better than the USP Tactical trigger is due to the Match hammer spring in the Expert. I had always been curious to know if there was something else that makes the Expert trigger better but just did not have the time (or forget about it). So today I took apart my brand-new USP 9mm Tactical to find out once and for all and here's what I found.

The difference between the USP Experts and the USP Tacticals is more than just the Match hammer spring. The Trigger Rebound Spring (TRS) and Flat Sear Spring are also different. While the USP Experts have the Match trigger with stop screw, Match hammer spring, Match TRS, Match nickel-plated sear spring, and Match hammer, only the Match trigger and Match hammer are present on the USP Tacticals.

I went one step further and disassembled all of my BB through BE USP Tacticals (9/40/45), a couple of AE colored-frame USP Tacticals, and a pair of AB/AC USP 40/45 Tacticals to compare the springs. The AB/AC USP 40/45 Tacticals and AE colored-frame USP 45 Tacticals all have the Match springs just like the USP Expert; however, the BB through BE USP Tacticals do not. I am not certain when the changes took place but I suspect it probably happened sometime after AE, perhaps AK/BA?

So if you want the same sweet Expert trigger in your USP Tactical, get these parts:
• Match TRS (215679)
• Match Nickel-Plated Flat Sear Spring (215691)
• Match Hammer Spring (215694)

5lHh.jpg

A close-up picture of the different parts: 1 indicates stock USP Tactical parts and 2 is USP Expert parts

WUAGlW.jpg

·
Registered
711 Posts
Very interesting! I knew there was a felt difference and that explains it. TooSixy you are the man!

·
Registered
297 Posts
This is why I'm here. I learn, learn and learn some more. Thx. 260 I have an AF date code on my HK USP .45 Tac.. I'll check those parts.

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
It is really neat to see the inside and parts differences of the pistols, I have always wanted to get deeper into the pistol lineup.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello everyone,

First post in the forum after lurking for a while, thought I'd share my findings so far regarding the hammer spring.

I've read a lot of conflicting info regarding whether the match hammer spring is blue or black, shorter, etc. I ordered an USP Compact spring from HKCS and received the item in the picture.

My original hammer spring appeared blue but upon removal was part black. The spring I received is part blue/black as well yet slightly shorter like the one in OP's pictures.

I didn't feel an awful lot lot of difference so I ordered a trigger pull gauge since I was planning to get one anyway.

It seems HKParts has the black match hammer spring albeit at almost 4x the cost+ shipping of HKCS, I'm tempted to try it out as well since I'll probably get the TRS pliers.

Anyhow, let me know if you have any insight on why the parts look the way they do or if it's of any importance.

Attachments

·
Banned
18,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hello everyone,

First post in the forum after lurking for a while, thought I'd share my findings so far regarding the hammer spring.

I've read a lot of conflicting info regarding whether the match hammer spring is blue or black, shorter, etc. I ordered an USP Compact spring from HKCS and received the item in the picture.

My original hammer spring appeared blue but upon removal was part black. The spring I received is part blue/black as well yet slightly shorter like the one in OP's pictures.

I didn't feel an awful lot lot of difference so I ordered a trigger pull gauge since I was planning to get one anyway.

It seems HKParts has the black match hammer spring albeit at almost 4x the cost+ shipping of HKCS, I'm tempted to try it out as well since I'll probably get the TRS pliers.

Anyhow, let me know if you have any insight on why the parts look the way they do or if it's of any importance.
Your original hammer spring? From what gun?

This might help.
https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-hand...usp45-tactical-match-trigger.html#post3190417

I'd suggest you start a new thread and not hijack this thread.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorry, forgot to add, it's an USP45 Tactical w/ BI date code. Thought it would have been good to ask in this thread considering it's on the subject of upgrading a Tactical to Expert specs and it seems there may have been some changes with the part numbers or the parts they reference.

Edit:
P. S. Let me know if you'd prefer me to start another thread if it's really more appropriate not to add the subject to this one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Right, the USP Tactical hammer spring is the one on the top in my picture, 215694 on the bottom with the bag and the description it comes under as shipped from HKCS. I asked H&K and HKParts. Will let you know what I find out.

Edit: Turns out it was a warehouse error, they overnighted the correct spring and it's working as intended.The correct spring is bare-metal as you said.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts