HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my first H&K (USP .40 Compact) today, hopefully it'll be in hand by Thursday. Formerly a Glock owner, I'm anticipating a huge step up in fit, finish, and long term durability. Feel free to tell me what you think of the gun I just bought, and criticism is welcome. Glad to be aboard!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I shot (rented) a lot of handguns at Bud's here in Lexington and I always kept coming back to the HK's when it was time to make my first purchase. I liked them so much I bought two (p30 & p2000sk) within a week. The only thing that matters is whether you like it!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately, I could only handle a 9mm version of what I just bought, as no dealer allowed test firing, nor did they have a loaner or used model I could fire. I strictly based my purchase off of reviews and word of mouth and personal recommendations.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Congrats! I have this in the LEM and absolutely love it!!! I had to drift the rear sight a bit but when I did- holy cow is this thing accurate! I only have to find a good IWB and or OWB holster. Looking at the Comptac Minotaur and the Mitch Rosen 5JR. Anybody have any suggestions on these 2 holsters?

·
Registered
783 Posts
Welcome. And you bought a great gun! A classic. Enjoy shooting it. I think you very well may like it better than the Glock. My HK is far far far more comfortable for me... and I definitely shoot it much better.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Welcome to the USP club. Many happy owners and for good reason. Enjoy!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Welcome to the addiction. The USPc .40 is by far my favorite pistol, and I am far from a .40 fan -- until now. It's a soft shooter, accurate as my finest 1911, and it carries well and feels amazing in my hand.

Give it time. You'll be adding to the family before you know it. Give it lots of lead and time on the range, and let us know what you think!

·
Registered
619 Posts
Riceboy, not a big fan of .40 either. Is there really a difference in the USP chambered in .40? I might have to give that a try...Never cared for the "snappiness" of the .40 and I am a .45 guy myself. Ammo is expensive but when i get the itch and dont have the cash I just drop back to my 9mm's. I will have to look around and see if there is one I can shoot at my LGS.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow, thanks for all the great feedback! Just got home from picking it up, shooting it tomorrow AM, can't wait!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just bought my first H&K (USP .40 Compact) today, hopefully it'll be in hand by Thursday. Formerly a Glock owner, I'm anticipating a huge step up in fit, finish, and long term durability. Feel free to tell me what you think of the gun I just bought, and criticism is welcome. Glad to be aboard!
Congrats on the new USP! As far as anticipating a step up in quality, I find that HKs are a bit more refined than Glocks and the extra attention to detail definitely shows. I have found that the Glock finish holds up a bit better over time though and they are both on par with each other in terms of durability and reliability. I went from shooting HKs to shooting Glocks and had to get used to the different trigger and grip angle. You'll probably experience the same thing but in reverse (if that makes sense). If it feels and points weird at first its just because you need to relearn some muscle memory.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Nothing wrong with getting proficient on both platforms. They are both so widely spread, shooting both makes a more well rounded shooter. I don't really take my own advice though. I just shoot the HK now. There is definitely a sense of "heavy duty" yet refined quality with HK. A quick look at the internals will show you that. The recoil spring and slide on my USP Expert looks like fort knox next to the Glock's (which looks like a stick shack).

·
Registered
783 Posts
I've always thought Glocks look like odd, early prototype version of HK's. They shoot well for countless people, and I've never had a problem with mine. . but anyway...

I'm interested in how you like your USP! It's a fantastic piece in every way.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok, here are a couple pics of the new gun. I'm really embarrassed of the pic of the target, but maybe you guys have some insight as to what I'm doing wrong. Thanks for your input.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts