HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe I'm too used to the 'Glock' mentality where if it's made, it's available for a Glock.

I was looking at several holster manufacturers and while some offer some models for the HK P30/P30L, the selection is pretty disappointing.

Is this because the P30L is the new kid on the block, or because it's just not that popular?

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I have been speaking with a company called Duncan Custom, they make aluminum cast of guns for holster makers and for training. They are getting ready to make a run of these in the near future. PM me if you want more details. This should get out to the holster makers and hopefully more options will be available.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Maybe I'm too used to the 'Glock' mentality where if it's made, it's available for a Glock.

I was looking at several holster manufacturers and while some offer some models for the HK P30/P30L, the selection is pretty disappointing.

Is this because the P30L is the new kid on the block, or because it's just not that popular?
I spoke with Milt Sparks about this and they cited lack of demand. Call that new kid on the block if you will. Would be nice to see more leather holsters for the P30L, I see a lot of Kydex rigs available but little leather.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I think it's because it's still fairly new. Only 3 years old I think. Either way there are alot of new "Kydex" kids on the block too. All you gotta do is keep your ear to the ground. I just ordered a Kabulan Cloak a week ago and it's shipping today. Bravo Concealment ships pretty fast (and I think they are just as good as RCS). Crown Holsters ships pretty fast. If I'm not mistaken I saw a youtube review for the P30L in a blackhawk Serpa. Crossbreed Supertucks ARE AWESOME FOR THE P-SERIES' GUNS!!!! The CBST mates best with guns with no or very slim slide levers as opposed to something like the V1 lever on my HK45c. CBST ships in about 4 weeks. The P30 is the best 9mm on the market and alot of folks are taking notice so alot of companies are starting to make products for it. I venture to say every holster maker that makes Glock holsters is making some for the P30... Wanna have a hard time finding holsters? Try buying a HK45c!!! UGH!

·
Registered
27 Posts

The p30l is new, expensive for a polymer gun, and i think the regular p30 is just a little bit more popular. What kind of holster are you looking for? I think there's a pretty decent selection, especially without lights.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, it's kind of interesting. I really like Fist Inc's #2 easy on-easy off in Kydex, but they don't list the P30 or P30L in their gun list. So, I thought, call them, maybe the gun list isn't up to date.

It turns out they can make any of their holster models for a P30. Also if I give them the barrel measurement, i.e. 1/8" BEHIND the ejection port to the end of the barrel, they can make a holster for it.

That changes the whole picture for me.

Also, if you want a holster with a specific light, you can send the light to them and they will make a holster for the combination P30L and light you want. Pretty cool!

Right now I just want a holster without having to wait 4-6 months; Fist Incs delivery time is 4 - 6 weeks. I'm gonna order a #2 in Kydex shortly.

Raven Concealment has their Phantom holster for a P30L; in fact, I have one on order for the P30L with the Viridian C5L light/laser. But the problem is the delivery time - it's 16 - 18 weeks - that's like 4 - 4-1/2 months. That's forever if you need a holster.

I was hoping for something a little quicker than 6 weeks, but I'll settle for that with Fist - I like their holsters. I guess I should have called Fist before I posted.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Hey thanks newyork, but Raven Concealment holsters take forever to get. I finally received the one I ordered for my Glock 17, I've had two others on order for what seems like has been a year, but of course it's only been months. After looking at the RC Phantom for my Glock, I've gone back to my Fist holster. I'm at a point now that I refuse to support a company that makes me wait 4-5 months for a holster.

You know it's really strange about Comptac holsters and me. The holster really kicks out at the bottom (muzzle) when I have it on.

I'm looking to carry the P30L with a Viridian C5L or X5L and I just learned I can get that from Fist.

But I do appreciate the help!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I spoke with Milt Sparks about this and they cited lack of demand. Call that new kid on the block if you will. Would be nice to see more leather holsters for the P30L, I see a lot of Kydex rigs available but little leather.
Fist can make all kinds of leather holsters, including a Dave Spaulding holster design for the P30L in 4-6 weeks. I just learned that.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Fist can make all kinds of leather holsters, including a Dave Spaulding holster design for the P30L in 4-6 weeks. I just learned that.
FIST can kiss my ass, maybe someone was just having bad day but when the wife was ordering one of their "Lady Fist" holsters, the person taking the order acted like a total tool and I don't think that the end product was worth the cost or the wait.

I've always been interested in one of their shoulder rigs, but got kind of turned off them them after this experience.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
FIST can kiss my ass, but that's a different story.
Sorry you've had a bad experience with them, I guess that happens sometimes. I have over 20 of their holsters and all have been good products and experience. Repeat customers get discounts depending on how many holsters they buy. I now get a 20% discount on any holster I buy. I don't know of any other holster maker that does that.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Sorry you've had a bad experience with them, I guess that happens sometimes. I have over 20 of their holsters and all have been good products and experience. Repeat customers get discounts depending on how many holsters they buy. I now get a 20% discount on any holster I buy. I don't know of any other holster maker that does that.
I went back and elaborated a little more. I've heard lots of good things about them, but when "we" finally gave them a try they ate their foot IMHO. The discount thing sounds cool, wish more did that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
FIST can kiss my ass, maybe someone was just having bad day but when the wife was ordering one of their "Lady Fist" holsters, the person taking the order acted like a total tool and I don't think that the end product was worth the cost or the wait.

I've always been interested in one of their shoulder rigs, but got kind of turned off them them after this experience.
Don't know what to tell you, maybe the 'regular' person wasn't there that day or something. Like you say too, maybe someone was just having a bad day.

All I can say is every holster they've made me was everything I could expect from a holster and as good as holsters costing a lot more with a lot longer wait. Another cool thing about Fist is they can make any of their holsters in Kydex or leather and they're sewn exactly the same. They can even make any holster as a hybrid holster - kydex on the inside for speed and leather on the outside for looks. I'm pretty sure Fist was the first to do that. Now I notice Blade Tech is.

I'd suggest giving them another try, but if you don't like what you got, there's not much point in it. I wish you could have had the experiences with them I have.

·
Registered
890 Posts
+1 on Comp-Tac...production time is typically 2-3 business days and you can have it within a week or so if you order on a Monday...I carry my P30 in an MTAC almost daily, and when if I decide for something smaller, I carry my P2000sk in and MTAC also. They have been great holsters for me...I've heard a lot of good things about Super Tucks also, just got to MTAC first and have no reason to change at this moment. I have an RCS Phantom for a Sig P220R Carry w/ TLR-1, and it is a great OWB holster. No experience with IWB, but I suppose it would work well.

·
Registered
31 Posts
+1 for the Comptac M-tac. I have 3 of them for my USP, P2000sk, and Glock 21. Very comfortable and conceals very well. If you get one, I'd recommend getting it with the C-clips that that secure it to your belt instead of the standard clips that just slide over your belt. I used the standard clips until I went to draw at a IDPA match and pulled the entire holster out of my waistband with the gun. C-clips secure the holster much better and fix this issue.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I recommended a Safariland to someone looking for a drop leg for his P30. I was suprized to find out they didn't make one. He had to go with a blackhawk one size fits all holster instead.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I recommended a Safariland to someone looking for a drop leg for his P30. I was suprized to find out they didn't make one. He had to go with a blackhawk one size fits all holster instead.
Safariland absolutely makes drop leg holsters for the P30 and P30L. They are available in both the ALS and SLS configurations.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts