HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

Bear with me! While shopping for a 9mm the past few weeks, I've handled a lot of potential candidates trying to make an informed decision. I guess I made a mistake of sorts by allowing myself to be steered to the H&K section at one LGS and as a result, got a taste of the Kool Aid.

I was referred to this site by a couple of people on another forum, and I have spent a couple of days perusing the vast amount of info of all things H&K available. In fact, I went through every page of the rookie section! Didn't read every thread, but did read at least one or two on every page that seemed pertinent to me and thus found a lot of answers to my questions.

While a G19 and PPQ are still a contenders, and I guess might be a wise first picks especially for the money, I can't keep from handling the HK's every time I go to the LGS. As a result, I've shot a P2Ksk DA/SA in .40 S&W once, and a P30 LEM in 9mm three times. I've handled just about every other HK that's available too.

I've kinda settled on the P2000 in 9mm as my HK candidate for both HD and CCW. The P2Ksk was just a little smaller than I liked, while the P30 grip was just not as comfortable to me as the one on the P2000. I may be in the minority on that one, but the grip and the grooved trigger guard on the P30 just didn't work for me. I also picked up a USPc LEM police turn-in and liked it too.

I still have a couple of questions though. If I bought a USPc, would I be gaining/losing anything to the P2000, or is it just a matter of preference? Since I'm already thinking about an HK45c down the line, would the USPc be better for a similar manual of arms if I got DA/SA? I ask because I don't believe the 45 can be had with the same decocker as the P2000.

FWIW, I'm a long time revolver shooter but think I could get used to either the DA/SA or LEM triggers. Does anyone think I'd be better served to get one of the less expensive options for my first auto in 20+yrs?

Thanks for you patience to a rookie

·
Registered
86 Posts
Others can speak better to the comparison of the P2000 v. USPc. I can tell you that I really like the familiarity of the variant 1 location/ set up no matter which of my HK pistols I pick up, so that is a valid consideration in my book. Good luck with your first of many HK's.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I love the entire P series. With that said if you get a P2000 you will pretty much have to commit to DA/SA or LEM. On the other hand if you start with a USP you can switch between variants, e.g. pick up a DA/SA variant and a LEM kit.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone for the info. I like the modularity aspect of the USPc and would really like to shoot one, but the local ranges only have USP's, which seem quite a bit larger in the grip.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts