HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me be the first to represent the State of Louisiana. I know there are a number of HKpro members from this State so don't be bashful chime in and show the other States that HK has a good following here.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yeahhhhhhh

I'm from Louisiana as well. I've owned a USP45f and 9f. I now own a usp40. Still addicted!!! Morgan City/Houma area here.

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
Hey everyone checking in from Metaire 5 miles from New Orleans. Anyone in my general area? Where does everyone go shooting at?

Well I'm a few miles away here in Morgan City. I have a membership at Southern Shooting Center, located in Thibodaux. The funny thing is they really don;t like me shooting there because quote "Your guns are too militant looking" I love it, every time I hear that I can't wait to be a .308 beta mag : )

Anyway they're some good folks over there. There just not used to HK weapons.

Later from the Bayou.
Corey

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I'm a few miles away here in Morgan City. I have a membership at Southern Shooting Center, located in Thibodaux. The funny thing is they really don;t like me shooting there because quote "Your guns are too militant looking" I love it, every time I hear that I can't wait to be a .308 beta mag : )

Anyway they're some good folks over there. There just not used to HK weapons.

Later from the Bayou.
Corey
Corey,
You should give them a WTF look everytime they tell you that. Militant looking? What the hell does that mean? Time for someone to open a FA friendly range here in LA. I would gladly drive whereever it is in this state. of course that means I have to get a FA gun first :D .

·
Registered
558 Posts
Hey everyone checking in from Metaire 5 miles from New Orleans. Anyone in my general area? Where does everyone go shooting at?
I live and work in Metairie. I usually try to get up to Amite the first Saturday of the month for the "unsanctioned" IDPA shoot.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
I usually try to get up to Amite the first Saturday of the month for the "unsanctioned" IDPA shoot.
Dunno whether you knew or not, but the 4 NOV match was moved to this Saturday, 11 NOV.

I'm planning on making it if I can.

I'm in the Baton Rouge area. We have three indoor ranges here, but no public outdoor range (except Ascension S.O. a few days a month; and its 50 miles away from me).

·
Registered
558 Posts
Dunno whether you knew or not, but the 4 NOV match was moved to this Saturday, 11 NOV.

I'm planning on making it if I can.

I'm in the Baton Rouge area. We have three indoor ranges here, but no public outdoor range (except Ascension S.O. a few days a month; and its 50 miles away from me).
Got the e-mail. Haven't heard if the rescheduled date has been confirmed. Have you been there before? I've been up there twice.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Nope, never been there.

I have sent several e-mails to a guy I was told more or less runs the show; he replied one time, but hasn't since. Dunno what the deal is.

I mentioned this in a thread over on BayouShooters to see if I could get some additional information.

BayouShooters in a new forum for LA-based shooters. Kind of slow, but nice. Check it out.

G

·
I'm new here and hail from Bayou Lacombe. I shoot just about every sat & sun at Honey Island Shooting Range near Pearl River. I own 5 beltfeds and a bunch of subguns and I want to invite ya'll to come shoot sometime...Shiv...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hey Shiv!!
Great to see you on the boards. Hadn't been out to Honey Island in a few weeks, but I was finally able to get out there today with MLM. I was hoping to see you out there today.
I'm the guy that always brings the f/a UZI and HK94.

G

·
Chris,
Had a good turnout Sat, going again Sun, Will be at SAR Phoenix next weekend. Lots of F/A at the range today. Sorry I missed you....Shiv.......

·
Registered
303 Posts
Chris,
Had a good turnout Sat, going again Sun, Will be at SAR Phoenix next weekend. Lots of F/A at the range today. Sorry I missed you....Shiv.......
Hey how was the SAR show? Any new beltfeds?

G

·
Bought a lot of belt-fed parts, got spare parts for the soon to arrive MP5 and was overwhelmed by the size of the show !!! It was unbelievable...Shiv....

·
Registered
749 Posts
Laissez les bon temps roulez!

From Red Stick (now residing in Michigan). Hope all had a Merry Christmas and will have a Happy New Year!

1 - 20 of 81 Posts