HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday afternoon I saw my vote for a "highest HK45 price" contest. $1099.95 at Franklin Gunshop in Franklin, TN. I swear, every time I go in there the prices are higher. A good place to fondle guns, but not so good to buy unless you like paying extra just because you can. Anyone out there see a higher price so far?

Thanks,
James

·
Registered
337 Posts
Two of the shops I've visited wanted $1100 & $1050 for the HK45 they had in stock. What’s funny is that they both have employees who stand around and complain about Internet gun purchasers. Makes one wonder.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I don't think $1050 is a bad price. MLSEC on here has them for $950. A local shop has more overhead. for 10% more I'd support a local shop....and did for my HK45 ($995).

·
Registered
229 Posts
I haven't seen any HK45s show up locally. But when they do, I'm betting at least one of the stores in town will be well over $900+TAX.

It's pretty ironic really, one store in town actually has pretty good prices, but it takes forever for a new product to show up. The other shops in town normally get the new stuff sooner, but charge an arm and a leg. Consequently, they end up staying on the shelf a lot longer.

It's pretty funny when gun shops complain about internet buyers. These days it seem, that's about the only way to get the latest products without getting reamed in the process. Unfortunately, more & more local FFLs seem to be getting reluctant to process transfers. Some charge ridiculous fees, others just refuse to do a transfer altogether.

Right now, it seems like CDNN has one of the best deals going on an HK45 so far at $862.97 delivered. That's who I got mine from, and it's always a smooth transaction with those guys.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Yea our local stores with tax break the 1070 mark, they are priced between 959-979 around here local plus tax. Oh and they also charge you $5 for a NICS check, I bought my HK45 from CDNN and paid $874 total with shipping and my FFL fee. I told the local dealer I would buy one of his if he would do it for $870 plus tax, I was willing to pay a little bit more to give him the business but they get upset, so I took my business to CDNN. Can't wait to take it to their range to shoot, I guess they feel its not worth wheeling and dealing. Kind of stupid since I have bought 4 guns from CDNN this year alone and the local guy had all of them instock. It adds up over time, to bad local dealers over charge.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Got mine for 1000 even..but was originally 1199 until I informed them of the going rate at sites like MILSPEC and CDNN.

·
Registered
329 Posts
The gun stores up in new york over here just jack their prices up on everything, then charge 10% on transfers so internet purchases end up costing more money anyway. I went there today to look at an aimpoint, $700 for a comp ML3, $2700 for an SL-8, and I saw one P30 on sale for close to $1100.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Yesterday afternoon I saw my vote for a "highest HK45 price" contest. $1099.95 at Franklin Gunshop in Franklin, TN. I swear, every time I go in there the prices are higher. A good place to fondle guns, but not so good to buy unless you like paying extra just because you can. Anyone out there see a higher price so far?

Thanks,
James
Franklin Gunshop...is that the gunshop with the pond and a decent if pricey selection of black rifles?

In any case, I paid $1015 all told at Classic Pistol in Southampton, PA. Good people.

·
Registered
134 Posts

Thanks,
James
Franklin Gunshop is $200 overpriced on everygun. Like you said though it is a great place to look. I went down there the first morning they had the HK45 and almost laughed at them the price was so high. Will never buy from them.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Anybody here want to get stiffed with outrageous prices....Go to Prodefense Police Supply in Webster, Texas. Its funny, when the owner first started out, he had great service and decent prices. You could pay a visit to his shop any day of the week and see 3 or 4 LEO's in there that you work with. Nowadays, whenever I do happen to stop in (which isn't very often anymore) all you see are unsuspecting academy students who dont yet realize they are about to have they're pocketbook molested or wait 6 months for an item that was promised to them in "Three days".

Our department had their uniform contract through them for years but has since moved on to greener pastures. Before I bought my HK45 I called up Prodefense on a whim and asked them for a quote. $1199.00 was the reply and of course.....It would be there in "Three days".....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yea our local stores with tax break the 1070 mark, they are priced between 959-979 around here local plus tax. Oh and they also charge you $5 for a NICS check, I bought my HK45 from CDNN and paid $874 total with shipping and my FFL fee. I told the local dealer I would buy one of his if he would do it for $870 plus tax, I was willing to pay a little bit more to give him the business but they get upset, so I took my business to CDNN. Can't wait to take it to their range to shoot, I guess they feel its not worth wheeling and dealing. Kind of stupid since I have bought 4 guns from CDNN this year alone and the local guy had all of them instock. It adds up over time, to bad local dealers over charge.

Do you have any idea what his overhead is?! The range alone is worth the extra cost, it is pretty nice to shoot all day and not leave tasting powder for the next few hours, thanks to their awesome ventilation system. I know the prices there are a bit high, but he really is not that far out of line for offering everything that he does.
Having said that though, 874 is f'n ridiculous and I probably would not pass that up either!

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Franklin Gunshop...is that the gunshop with the pond and a decent if pricey selection of black rifles?
That's the one!

At $1100 with 9.75% tax, you are looking at $1200. Or save almost $350 and buy from CDNN or Bachmans. If it was $50 or $100 difference, I tend to buy local as well, but $350 is a big chunk of change.

But it sounds like other folks are seeing worse. Anyone in Indy want to stop by Don's Guns and check their price? I wouldn't be surprised if it was 2 grand there :)

Thanks,
James

·
Registered
260 Posts
That's the one!

At $1100 with 9.75% tax, you are looking at $1200. Or save almost $350 and buy from CDNN or Bachmans. If it was $50 or $100 difference, I tend to buy local as well, but $350 is a big chunk of change.

But it sounds like other folks are seeing worse. Anyone in Indy want to stop by Don's Guns and check their price? I wouldn't be surprised if it was 2 grand there :)

Thanks,
James
I stopped into Franklin's a few years ago while I was attending a conference in Nashville. Loved the selection; hated the prices. They had a green armor-coat Wilson Combat AR in there for more than Wilson himself was charging at the time....

Had fun in Nashville, though.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I havn't been to my local shop in a while but considering that they sell the .45 USP for $850 the HK45 is going to be an easy $1K+.

Thankfully there is CDNN :)

·
Registered
172 Posts
$969 was on the price tag at my local shop, but theirs was marked "display only", i.e. you had to order one. I asked him how much for the one in the display case and he bumped the price $30. After tax the price came to $1080. I gave the grip a good working over to get a feel for it, then handed it back and said "thank you very much".

I paid $905 shipped on Gunbroker with another $15 to the FFL down the street.

It's really not their fault, even if they price-matched the sales tax would trump the shipping costs.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts