HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
T
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have stumbled onto a great deal on an HK93 but am wondering if it is too good.Is there a site where you can check on the history of a particular weapon by its serial number or Date code.Any help would be appreciated.Who knows,if this deal works out it could become a deal for one of you.Thanks for any help offered.

·
Super Moderator
2,830 Posts
I dont know of any way to look up anything on an individual gun, what markings etc are there? what is making you suspect? just the price? or sometime else?

date codes here
http://hkpro.com/symbols.htm

The date coding system is very simple too. It gets tricky when you start talking about non-proofed products like firearm magazines, but the general rule is thus:
A B C D E F G H I K
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

T
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nothing but the price because i do not personally know the individual.You have to be careful these days.He said i could take some pics to do some research.Ill post and get some of yalls knowledgeable opinions. :2100000:

T
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry...have to try and fix pics...didnt realize when i went to take pics that my camera was set on highest resolution........TOO BIG!!

T
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok..I bought the gun,now i would like to sale it.I do not know if the gun is safe for firing or not.The guy I bought it from says hes had it for 2 years and never fired it.Without knowing if the gun is safe,how does that effect the sale price?The guns appearance,considering its 30 years old,is remarkeable.It has some minor scratches but not really noticeable without careful inspection.
Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
172 Posts
The default assumption for a gun like this is that it works just fine, until the seller tells you different. What makes you think that it won't? Did the seller say/do anything to make you suspicious?

(all tests below, perform without ammunition)

Do you have any magazines for it? Do they lock in place?

If you pull the charging handle back and then release it, does that cock the hammer?

If you pull the trigger when the gun is in Safe, does it try to fire? Switch it to Fire, same thing?

If the mags lock in place and the gun doesn't fire when it's set to Safe and does fire when it's set to Fire, my default assumption would be that the gun works just fine until you actually take it to the range.

If you got an insanely good deal on it ($1500 or less), either the guy knew *exactly* what he was selling you (i.e. a broken gun) or he had no idea what he was selling you.

If the above tests don't pass, take it to a gunsmith and figure out what's wrong with it and how much it would be to fix it.

If the above tests do pass, take it to the range and try it out. There are still a good bit of problems you could have with it (failing to eject, failing to load, etc) that can only appear when you actually try to shoot it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts