HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am loving this SP5! I officially hit my millennium round count (1100 to be exact) and this thing continues to impress! It eats everything; from aluminum casing, to JHPs, and whatever else I throw at it! Accuracy is amazing.... the rear diopter is damn near as accurate as the red dot. Since obtaining this back on Jan 3 (I think), I have added a few accessories. The latest addition is this tail hook brace, which I purchased from a member here on this forum, and couldn't be happier! I also purchased a SilencerCo Omega 9k suppressor that is currently in jail at my local shop, and can't wait to get it. All in all, this is one impressive firearm; I have the same smile on my face shooting it today, as I did when I first shot it!
IMG_6207.jpeg

·
Registered
65 Posts
How do you like the Holosun optic on your SP5? Would you mind sharing where the reticle lands with regards to the front sight?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How do you like the Holosun optic on your SP5? Would you mind sharing where the reticle lands with regards to the front sight?
I like the Holosun a lot! This optic is very accurate, with a crisp reticle. As to where the reticle lands with regard to the front sight, it's well above it. Not even close to being able to co-witness this optic.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I like the Holosun a lot! This optic is very accurate, with a crisp reticle. As to where the reticle lands with regard to the front sight, it's well above it. Not even close to being able to co-witness this optic.
Is that the 'stock' base that comes with the Holosun, or did you add a mount to elevate it?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am loving this SP5! I officially hit my millennium round count (1100 to be exact) and this thing continues to impress! It eats everything; from aluminum casing, to JHPs, and whatever else I throw at it! Accuracy is amazing.... the rear diopter is damn near as accurate as the red dot. Since obtaining this back on Jan 3 (I think), I have added a few accessories. The latest addition is this tail hook brace, which I purchased from a member here on this forum, and couldn't be happier! I also purchased a SilencerCo Omega 9k suppressor that is currently in jail at my local shop, and can't wait to get it. All in all, this is one impressive firearm; I have the same smile on my face shooting it today, as I did when I first shot it
I am loving this SP5! I officially hit my millennium round count (1100 to be exact) and this thing continues to impress! It eats everything; from aluminum casing, to JHPs, and whatever else I throw at it! Accuracy is amazing.... the rear diopter is damn near as accurate as the red dot. Since obtaining this back on Jan 3 (I think), I have added a few accessories. The latest addition is this tail hook brace, which I purchased from a member here on this forum, and couldn't be happier! I also purchased a SilencerCo Omega 9k suppressor that is currently in jail at my local shop, and can't wait to get it. All in all, this is one impressive firearm; I have the same smile on my face shooting it today, as I did when I first shot it! View attachment 286340
I finally bought a SP5 yesterday so I have a couple of novice questions:
1. Who makes the tail hook brace?
2. Who makes the fore grip?
That's a great looking gun!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you! The Tailhook brace is made by Custom Smith Manufacturing; there's a video on YouTube regarding this brace and contact info in the comments. They're not making this brace anymore or right now, due to the lack of ATI stocks, but in the comments of the video they mentioned making one offs. As to the handguard on my SP5, the one I have is from Midwest Industries and is M-LOK compatible.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just 2 as of now.
Holy crap, so you reloaded the mags around 36 times. I think you're at the point of getting more mags to pew pew more at the range instead of reloading at the range. KCI mags are my go to for cheaper alternatives than $$$ HK OEM mags. Keep enjoying the gun! I think at 5k rounds you should consider replacing the recoil spring, but you've got a little ways more to go.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Holy crap, so you reloaded the mags around 36 times. I think you're at the point of getting more mags to pew pew more at the range instead of reloading at the range. KCI mags are my go to for cheaper alternatives than $$$ HK OEM mags. Keep enjoying the gun! I think at 5k rounds you should consider replacing the recoil spring, but you've got a little ways more to go.
I'll keep that in mind, thanks for the info!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Just got mine yesterday. It didn't stay box-stock for more than an hour after it hit the house :D

Tonight, if all goes well, the Knight's RAS goes on, along with the matching rail for an optic, and thanks to feedback from the OP on this thread, a Holosun optic.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just got mine yesterday. It didn't stay box-stock for more than an hour after it hit the house :D

View attachment 286583

View attachment 286584

Tonight, if all goes well, the Knight's RAS goes on, along with the matching rail for an optic, and thanks to feedback from the OP on this thread, a Holosun optic.
Very nice, and congratulations on your new toy! Can't wait to see the finished product.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts