HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 factory HK 0-1-2 trigger packs left over from parts kits I used in pistol builds. Can they be turned into something useful? I know the 0-1-2-F packs can be changed to 0-1-3-F by changing out the counting wheel. Is it possible to do something similar to modify a 0-1-2 pack?

Can these be turned into semi packs to be used in a semi build? If stripped down to their component parts can the pinned hammer/strut assembly be scavenged to use in a regular SEF or Semi style pack?

I've never been much of a fan of the ambi style trigger groups, so my knowledge on them is limited. Hoping I can figure out something to do with these.

Thanks in advance!
Tom

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
You'd have to change the selector at least, but yes they can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
If you put in a 4 position 3/2 Rnd burst selector, you can make the trigger pak into a 4 position 2 round burst trigger pak.
Then, all you need to do, and its easier said than done, is to find a 2 round burst grip frame. Done it a couple times myself.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just so I'm clear, I can just change the selector to this:

4 Position Burst Left Side Selector Lever

And then it's a 0-1-2-F pack? (not having the correct housing obviously)

Is that what you gentlemen are saying?

Thanks,
Tom

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
There's a trigger block pin that needs to be moved to keep it from allowing the selector to be rotated beyond semi. The 0-1-2 pack has an over-rotation pin as well, I believe.

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
There's a trigger block pin that needs to be moved to keep it from allowing the selector to be rotated beyond semi.
It's built in to the selector. The notches around the left selector control how far it can be turned. Even 2 round burst mode still requires allowing the trigger to be pulled back far enough that the trigger sear is pulled completely off of the hammer base so that only the trip lever sear is controlling the hammer. Then when it counts 2 rounds, the latch at the back of the trigger is tripped, releasing the trigger sear. The difference between burst mode and full auto mode is that full auto mode disables the trigger sear release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Ok. But to make the pack into a semi pack, that blocking pin on the box has to be moved to keep the trigger from being depressed farther than the semi position.

Or does that only apply to SEF packs?

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
That's correct, to convert to semi requires welding in a pin that prevents trigger travel to f/a position. I missed that part in the OP's initial post.

And you're right, it applies to both ambi and sef packs. Just not in the same location as the tail of the triggers are different.

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
I had Phil Flack convert 2 broken burst only packs to semi with the shelf relief for me a couple of years ago. Its a good way to get German semi ambi packs on the cheap.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts