HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the going price for one? Anyone know where I can find one? A guy has one locally for $400. Can I do better online? Ive looked around and havent found much. Thanks!
jason

·
2,832 Posts
$300-350 with a set of rings(1" or 30mm) seems to be the going rate when you see them, rings run about $100 a set when HK had them.

cant tell you i have seen one for sale for a bit....

·
Registered
18 Posts
05 Mount value

Last one I sold went for $380 on Ebay. BSquare makes a mount that works well for around $60.00. It is just a base in the weaver style.

G

·
Whats the going price for one? Anyone know where I can find one? A guy has one locally for $400. Can I do better online? Ive looked around and havent found much. Thanks!
jason
jdm, Hey I'm new here just purchased a HK 300 .22 mag. Don't kown what gun you have but I found some interesting adpater rail on German web sites. One is a picatinny rail that sit flush the other is a adapter rail for 11mm rings.
Her are the sites: http://www.i-e-a.de/productssimple10.html.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Wachtelhund the picatinney rail on the SL-7 is a great piece of kit, too bad
I can't read German or I would order one, started looking for 30mm rings
for the 05 mount on my SL-7, now I lust for one of these. I thank you for
the enlightening web site,and I curse you because I will probably never see
one of these here.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Last one I sold went for $380 on Ebay. BSquare makes a mount that works well for around $60.00. It is just a base in the weaver style.
I would disagree with your assessment of B-Square mounts. They are utter crap. I had one on an HK300 for a while and it kept shooting loose. I ended up tossing it and getting an HK05.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I bought a HK 630 that had a B-Square mount on it. The first thing I did was take off that POS and put on a HK-05 mount. My buddy has a B-Square mount on his HK-300. He can not put two consective shots in the same place. I told him it was the crappy mount, but he is too pig headed and cheap to buy a real HK mount. So my assessment is that you are wasting your money on a B-Square mount. This is a case of you get what you pay for it.

G

·
one of these here.
Lowprone, Never say never. I like the looks of it too for my HK 300. I just purchased my HK 300, with a B-Square mount, and I'm looking at a Ziess scope. But I might consider ordering one in a few months. You might be able to talk me into ordering one for you. I'll work on a translation for you.

Dave
http://www.wachtelhund.us

G

·
I bought a HK 630 that had a B-Square mount on it. The first thing I did was take off that POS and put on a HK-05 mount. My buddy has a B-Square mount on his HK-300. He can not put two consective shots in the same place. I told him it was the crappy mount, but he is too pig headed and cheap to buy a real HK mount. So my assessment is that you are wasting your money on a B-Square mount. This is a case of you get what you pay for it.
I wouldn't consider the B-Square mount as crap! As long as it is mounted straight and tight it will work as well as any other mount. In fact, I've been looking on the German sites for just rings that would mount into the claw mounting holes. In effect, the same as the B-Square mount except they would sit lower. I just bought my HK 300 and took it to the range one time. Below is the target that I shot at 100 yards. I used most of the targets to zero the scope. The upper left was the last group shot, those are 1" squares. Other than the looks I'm very happy with the B-Square mount, but would prefer rings that went directly on the gun.

G

·
one of these here.
Lowprone, Here is a translation for you of the Picatinny rail add,

New

Picatinny rail for Heckler and Koch SL6 and SL7. As well as their hunting models. In steel for durable assembly on that rifle. Rail with two fixing bolts for fastening to the system holes
Picatinny rail, steel 95,00 Euro

Alternatively the rail can be ordered with third mounting hole in front.
For this Picatinny rail, steel 147,00 Euro

·
Registered
135 Posts
On a HK-300, the bolt recoils rather violently into a "M" shaped recoil buffer. Shoot your 300 long enough and those forces will cause the B-Square mount to work loose. All you have to do is look at the construction of the mount itself. It uses 25 cent C clamps to hold parts in place. Compare it to an original HK-05 mount, which is well built and locks solidily in place with a lever system, not some knob that is turned tight. I sold my take off mount and was glad to see it leave. I shot my 300 a LOT, mostly for hunting and vermin control purposes. If you think a B-Square mount is equal to an 05 mount, well what can I say, every one is entitled to their opinion.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I have an HK300! Anyone got the HK05 mount and 1" rings??

Hey I have an HK300 that I purchased about 2 months ago. Anyone have an HK05 Q.D. mount with 1" rings I can buy for it???

Email me at [email protected] or please call me at 586-552-8379.

·
Registered
18 Posts
WHOA!

I never said the Bsquare is equal to the 05 mount, just that it worked well for me on a 630 that I mounted an ACOG on. It did not work loose on me.

I bought a 300 that someone installed a Mil Spec rail on, nice and square, looks really good. Probably what HK would have done if the rifle was made today.

The 05 mount is a fantastic piece, can be removed and remounted easily, and a return to zero. If your pocketbook allows, get one, or find a damn good smith to install the picatinny rail (as long as it is not in collectible condition).

·
Registered
106 Posts
I've got three or four of the B-Squares. The two I've opened have worked well on my 630 and 770

One of them is more prone to loosening up... but for $300 diff. in price from an 05, I can afford a dab of blue loctite on a screw.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts