HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys first post.. After buying my first HK(vp9) I filled out the individual officer program form( basically a knife for LEO in lieu of the 200.00 rebate, as most know the vp9 did not qualify)provided by my local LGS and received this wonderful knife at my door step today....it only took HK about Three weeks to process my form and send me the knife .... I feel the ,"thank you for you service " laser etching to be a classy touch.....as a side note does anyone carry this knife for duty or EDC and if so what is your method of carry,,,, I.e neck knife , ankle carry inside waste band....? I don't carry a back up gun on patrol( I know , I know, I should be, but I'm going to wait for HK to possibly come out with a vp 9 sk)and am thinking about carrying this knife in addition to my spyderco tenacious !

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,207 Posts
I noticed this etching in another post earlier today. Very nice touch indeed, glad they did this.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Pretty sweet knife. Looks to be good as a waist band knife or neck as well. Might be to large for the boot.

·
Registered
60 Posts
@ricepudding

I saw the rebate today on the hkusa website. I believe it asks for LEO or Military credentials. Filled mine out today.

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
That is a very nice knife, and nice engraving. HK USA just bumped up another notch in my book.

When I was in uniform, I carried a very similar knife daily. I had it attached to my under belt on my left side, about 9 o'clock. Then when I put my duty belt on, over it, the handle rose just above the belt line, behind my radio and Secondary (belt) flashlight. It was always in the same place. Always in place for a quick support side grab.

Good luck

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is a very nice knife, and nice engraving. HK USA just bumped up another notch in my book.

When I was in uniform, I carried a very similar knife daily. I had it attached to my under belt on my left side, about 9 o'clock. Then when I put my duty belt on, over it, the handle rose just above the belt line, behind my radio and Secondary (belt) flashlight. It was always in the same place. Always in place for a quick support side grab.

Good luck
I was thinking about carrying the knife the same way you used to... I used to carry a TDI knife the same on duty a few years back but the plastic sheet broke....thanks for the input

·
Registered
51 Posts
I got mine as well; nothing more to add to the good set of pics already posted. But i just don't understand about the knife itself (I'm a n00b)- what is it used for and how? About all I can say is I like straight knives with a drop point. My buddy suggested it's for a disabling attack on an extremity (slight wrap around for tendon/vessel opening) but... I don't plan to get in a knife fight- I bring a gun!

Can someone please enlighten me on how it's design promotes it's use?

·
Registered
452 Posts
Got my kniife today. Honestly I totally forgot about it because I sent in the request sometime in late november. Its a pretty sweet knife. Mine doesnt have the "thank you for your service" on it but that doesnt take away from it being a nice knife.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts