HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I just got my .22 cal conversion kit. (Awesome looks Brand New) My question is? Do they make a tool that will assist in pulling the insert out of the barrel?
The insert has a split ring clip that holds it in place. This makes it difficult to remove the insert. How do you guys remove the insert?
I'm hoping to see that someone has come up with a good idea for removing the insert easily.

Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
No... But we can. I used a small screw driver. And no damage to anything. You could use a starboard wedge.... BTW.. It looks awesome!!

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was told it would? But the one I got is in Brand new condition and the insert seems too large to fit in my SR9T Virgin. I'm debating if I should turn down the barrel insert or just sell the kit?

·
Registered
10,256 Posts
For removing the 22 barrel out of the 308 gun? Take a shop rag, fold it into quarters and put it on the floor. Holding the muzzle, tap the receiver onto the folded shop rag.... it's out.

·
Registered
8,348 Posts
I was told it would? But the one I got is in Brand new condition and the insert seems too large to fit in my SR9T Virgin. I'm debating if I should turn down the barrel insert or just sell the kit?
An HK rep told me the diameter of the poly barrel won't allow installation of the 22 kit barrel, unless you remove the finish on the barrel insert. Then you are good to go.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts