HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend who is considering selling me his mint not in a box HK 270.
We haven't talked price yet and I haven't seen enough of them to have a clear idea of what a fair price should be. I'd like it if you would give me an opinion of a fair price and your opinion of the gun itself.
Thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
I had one a 5 or so years back and only bought it because it was a different .22. I dont remember what I paid for it, but I'm thinking it 2was in the neighborhood of $450. It was fun to shoot, accurate and ate everything I fed it. The accessories (20 round magazines and scope mount) are hard to find and expensive.
I ended up selling it and bought a scoped Ruger 10/22 in its place.

Hope this helps.

·
2,832 Posts
the 270 does not use the HK05 mount(which is spendy) it has a dovetail mount or at least all seen(pics) do

HK will not service the 270, I think there was an issue with them firing out of battery or something.

that said, its prolly worth 400-600

I had one a 5 or so years back and only bought it because it was a different .22. I dont remember what I paid for it, but I'm thinking it 2was in the neighborhood of $450. It was fun to shoot, accurate and ate everything I fed it. The accessories (20 round magazines and scope mount) are hard to find and expensive.
I ended up selling it and bought a scoped Ruger 10/22 in its place.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I sold a true 99% early 3 digit S/N model that had the 91 type front and rear sights within the last year on this forum for in the $850 neighborhood. It did have the original box and instruction manual to go with it. Extra HK factory mags are expensive and hard to find. It will take any good set of 11mm rings. I had a set of Warne quick detach for it. I just did not shoot it anymore, so that is why I let it go.

·
Registered
32 Posts
i bought a hk270 last year after it had set on my dealers rack for over a year..i paid $425ish and i must say it is a decent and accurate 22.the problem...it is a jam-o-matic.about the only ammo that works good is remington..i do intend to have my little jam-o-matic fixed at a smithy shop here locally..i hate to part with for i will not give someone else this problem.on a plus the thing is tiger striped beautifully and i just cannot sell an hk..any thing else would have been out the door and gone

·
2,832 Posts
intesting, most my 22's(of anmy brand) hate any kind of Remington ammo

and i fully understand how you feel :)

i bought a hk270 last year after it had set on my dealers rack for over a year..i paid $425ish and i must say it is a decent and accurate 22.the problem...it is a jam-o-matic.about the only ammo that works good is remington..i do intend to have my little jam-o-matic fixed at a smithy shop here locally..i hate to part with for i will not give someone else this problem.on a plus the thing is tiger striped beautifully and i just cannot sell an hk..any thing else would have been out the door and gone

·
Registered
886 Posts
intesting, most my 22's(of anmy brand) hate any kind of Remington ammo
Now that you mention it my .22 semis don't like the Remington ammo. My bolties and pumps pretty much eat anything though. CCI Standard Velocity works pretty well in anything.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My 270 has FTF problems. Rim seems to be dented well. I thought it was just the Remmy ammo. I found a few 20 round mags somewhere on the net for around $20.00. I will not sell it either, love it even though the FTF problems.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow. I didn't realize that HK put out such a Klunker. Does anybody LOVE their HK270 because they think it's a great gun? The silly thing is I probably will still buy it. Our children may be naughty but they're still our children. You gotta love em.

·
Registered
26 Posts
HK 270 No problems here

I am surprized by this thread also.. I feel my 270 is the most reliable .22 that
I own. I can't remember a failure EVER...

·
HKPRO PRIME MINISTER
1,293 Posts
HK 270 / 300

Purchase the Model 300...

.22 magnum WMR

Works very well for it's intended plinking purposes...

You must store an extra BOLT buffer unit for the gun for the future...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Check out the "World of HK" link above the forums link on the main page, it shows pictures of the 270 as well as any other Hk you can think of.

·
2,832 Posts
I LOVE my 300!

2 different 300's, early and late, the reciever got bigger on the latter 300's, can get buffers for the latter(this is what HK sent me for the early gun) but it wont fit(its built in to cap)

Thankfully I made a very nice buffer for my 300, used a Mp5 H buffer, works perfect

Purchase the Model 300...

.22 magnum WMR

Works very well for it's intended plinking purposes...

You must store an extra BOLT buffer unit for the gun for the future...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Love my Model 270's

I currently own five HK Model 270's, to include serial #024, which does not have an HK date code but the barrel is marked "76." I prefer the models that do not have the Model 91 front site, and have scopes on them all.

Like any piece of fine equipment, you must take care of them and clean them. We all know that HK does not produce "junk," thus if you want accuracy, then shoot quality ammo through them. I have made numerous shots on small game at up to 100 yards with my scoped Model 270's.

In 1987, I did return one back to the factory in VA to have the large front site removed. HK refused to return the rifle, stating it was a liability issue and they purchased the rifle from me for twice what I paid for it. Their claim was that shooter's in the US do not clean their firearms as often as European shooter's, thus causing slam fires due to carbon build up in the chamber.

I feel the only drawback on this model is the trigger, but by spending time at the range and putting rounds into targets at various distances, I was able to develop a feel for each and have kept records of where each rifle shoots at given distances.

V/r

Badmeo1
JAX, FL

·
Registered
2 Posts
hk 270 bolt recoil buffer

HELP HELP HELP....I bought a 270 used with some parts missing...managed to get all but the buffer....anyone have a spare for sale????? Thanks

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
HELP HELP HELP....I bought a 270 used with some parts missing...managed to get all but the buffer....anyone have a spare for sale????? Thanks
Get a picture of one, and make it as someone earlier did with the MP5K buffer. I did the same but used a replacement poly bushing that was intended for a rear control arm on a car (Thank PDX :))!

·
2,832 Posts
yeah made a 300 buffer by cutting down a H buffer, worked great, HK is waiting on the early 300 buffers from Germany but have the latter 300 in stock.

Have not seen what a 270 buffer looks like, but there should be many things that can be made to work. Maybe a Tec 9 buffer from buffer tech and cut it down(that was another option for me I looked at)

funny you mention the poly bushing....I also had one of those ready to try if the H buffer didnt work ;)

but I think HK has the 270 buffers in stock now, HK takes a week or so to reply to emails sometimes but they will get back with you. I just ordered some SL6 buffers yesterday.

Get a picture of one, and make it as someone earlier did with the MP5K buffer. I did the same but used a replacement poly bushing that was intended for a rear control arm on a car (Thank PDX :))!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I don't want to hijack this thread but I am looking for some help.

I am looking at getting myself a Model 270 that is pretty dirty. I would like to clean it but would like to do it properly. Does anyone know where I can find a manual or cleaning instruction on this rifle?

·
Registered
527 Posts
In 1987, I did return one back to the factory in VA to have the large front site removed. HK refused to return the rifle, stating it was a liability issue and they purchased the rifle from me for twice what I paid for it. Their claim was that shooter's in the US do not clean their firearms as often as European shooter's, thus causing slam fires due to carbon build up in the chamber.

V/r

Badmeo1
JAX, FL
I was the Customer Service Manager at HK Inc when your rifle was "purchased back" from you. The liability issue was that the rifle will fire out of battery, the disconnector was improperly designed, and this is a flaw in ALL Hk 270's. The only fix was a completely new trigger group, and HKI did not want to incur those costs. The end result was that all 270s returned to Chantilly, for ANY reason, were kept. The owners were told there was an improper alignment between the bbl and receiver and the rifle could not be repaired, and was unsafe to fire. We offered a new HK300 in its place, and most owners jumped on that chance.

This is known as a "secret warranty program" and our legal counsel was fit to be tied, as this is illegal.

KEEP IT CLEAN, REALLY CLEAN, ESP THE CHAMBER, use good ammo, and ALWAYS wear eye protection. If you are left handed, I would avoid the 270 completely.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts