HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone make 7.62x39mm HK clones?
Failing that, does anyone do conversions from any platform to 7.62x39mm?

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Does anyone make 7.62x39mm HK clones?
At one time they were made and enjoyed very mixed results. Some ran Ok and others needed tweaking. A couple of updates were offered and seemed to help some.
Earlier, I think Fleming made a VERY few conversions in that caliber. I know of no gunsmith offering it presently.

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
supposedly PTR have one in the works - how cool would that be??

·
Registered
611 Posts
I have a 32K and a 52 that both run 7.62 x 39mm. These were made by SW and are their second version. Mine function 100 percent in either semi or full auto as they have welded up carriers. The recoil is pretty stout and the muzzle flash is bigger than a 93 or a 53, so pretty neat in the cool factor department. I think the best way to build these would be to take a 91 receiver and just use a different barrel for a 7.62 x 39. The rest of the mechanics should be left alone except for the recoil spring. The larger dimensions of the 91 receiver should temper the recoil down.

As near as I can tell, HK factory actually made a 32, 52 and a 22 belt fed rifles that used the 7.62 x 39 cartridge. The expensive cost of the rifles made it non competitive to the Kalashnikov versions of the 47, krink, and rpd. Suffice to say, you will only get to the see the factory versions if you travel to the fatherland and get a special pass.

·
Registered
893 Posts
I have a 32K and a 52 that both run 7.62 x 39mm. These were made by SW and are their second version. Mine function 100 percent in either semi or full auto as they have welded up carriers. The recoil is pretty stout and the muzzle flash is bigger than a 93 or a 53, so pretty neat in the cool factor department. I think the best way to build these would be to take a 91 receiver and just use a different barrel for a 7.62 x 39. The rest of the mechanics should be left alone except for the recoil spring. The larger dimensions of the 91 receiver should temper the recoil down.

As near as I can tell, HK factory actually made a 32, 52 and a 22 belt fed rifles that used the 7.62 x 39 cartridge. The expensive cost of the rifles made it non competitive to the Kalashnikov versions of the 47, krink, and rpd. Suffice to say, you will only get to the see the factory versions if you travel to the fatherland and get a special pass.
Do the SW 52 and 32 use a G3/91 size carrier, a 93/33 size carrier, or did SW come up with their own?

·
Registered
242 Posts

I have seen pictures of the SW52s that were SBR'd and they are sweet!Pretty neat that they accept AK mags. I hope that the PTR produced 7.62x39 guns will use an AK mag(cheap). As for the original HK guns-http://www.hkpro.com/hk32.htm-check it out. I understand it's kinda senseless to buy such an expensive gun to shoot 7.62x39 ammo when an AK will, but there's just something about the roller-locked sweetness!

·
Registered
611 Posts
The 32/52 used a 93/53 type carrier with a stronger recoil spring and a damper at the end.

·
Registered
120 Posts
After September 2004, this rifle was an SW product rebuilt into the amazing HK32 (7.62 x 39mm) you see before you.

The “hard” work entailed:
- Cut off the old unribbed cocking tube, added a German HK33 cocking tube
- Machined the rear mag bar even with the external profile of the receiver; it used to protrude through the outside walls of the receiver--UGLY!
- Added a fake mag catch on the left and mag release button on the right; machined internally to be flush with the mag well--so mags don’t get hung up
- Added a grenade launching ring
- Drilled off old, pinned fake flash hider
- Refinished rifle in GunKote

The easy stuff included:
- Swapped the forearm for factory German plastic
- Ditched the original cheesy buttstock for an HK33 metal buttstock mounting plate and associated butttock
- Installed a Buffer Technologies recoil buffer and a factory German HK23E buttpad to tame recoil; shoots like an AR-15 now--tame as a *****cat
- Swapped the POS lower that came with the rifle for appropriate German gear in SEF flavor
- Installed a factory German HK21 rubberized cocking handle
- Installed new factory German flash hider
- Installed a factory German bipod
- Installed factory German bayonet lug

Today, this little beast is a totally different rifle. Awesome to look at, and actually a joy to shoot.

·
Registered
167 Posts
man I love your rifle.......sure makes an ak look bad. Heck for that matter it makes my colt 7.62 x39 look bad......

·
Registered
611 Posts
here are the two I have. The 32K is an SBR, I haven't done the paperwork on the 52 yet. Both of the rifles have been upgraded to accept either 75 or 100-round drums. I have ran 75-round drums on full auto on these and they function about 95 percent...had one misfeed.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So if one wants a 7.62x39mm HK clone and doesn't have the tools or experience to perform one's own conversion, what's the best option? Send a PTR-91 over to RDTS or something?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bumped, does anyone know if SW is currently making 32/52s? Couldn't quite tell from their site, and someone I know is interested in them.

·
Registered
611 Posts
nope...............they do not make the anymore. SW is basically all closed down and once cohaire takes over in early 2008, they are going to move out of the roller locking HK market.

·
Registered
484 Posts
supposedly PTR have one in the works - how cool would that be??
Id be all over that. I have always wanted one especially if it takes AK mags but wasnt gonna pay so and so's prices for something that didnt always work...and I already posted in thsi thread D'Oh!

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
HK 32 & 52

I had purchased a SW32 and a 52. Finally after a few years and a lot of dust decided to see if my sear and a few other parts would go full auto. Took some time on the SW32 and got it to shoot 95% of the time. Seems to have less kick then my AK. Don't really need a third 7.62x39 so I think i'm going to sell the SW52. Any takers?

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
If JLD does one in that caliber I bet they'll do it right.

I think the .308 would be a better receiver platform for that setup.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
nope...............they do not make the anymore. SW is basically all closed down and once cohaire takes over in early 2008, they are going to move out of the roller locking HK market.
Whaattttttttttttt, so we won't be seeing any more Coharie HKs? I thought that it was just Todd Bailey who was going into helicopters or some other crazy **** like that.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts