HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
German barrels should have a date code and a proof stamp.
The Malaysian barrels I've seen have some sort of a sun burst stamp on them.
I've got a stub from the Malaysian barrels, will take a pic.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Sorry for the crappy pics, camera has a hard time focusing close up.

These are definitely Malaysian, you can make out "ATM...." on the receiver pieces.
No star/burst stamp, but these had a hole drilled through them at about that point, so it is possible they drilled right through that stamp it on all three these. Odds are no though, so I'd say not having the burst doesn't mean it isn't Malay.
I don't know if that is a date code, but it is some sort of code. "Z" doesn't appear in any HK date code I'm aware of.

HZ coded:

IA coded

Can not verify the origin of these, but both are from the earlier demills where they saw cut the receivers and left in either a whole barrel, or half of the barrel. The first one below with the star I bought as a front end, the second one was a whole kit direct from original seller, came with SUO lower and receiver rem said "PD..." something where the Malay ones said "ATM....", so I don't know the origin of these, quite possibly Malay though.

IM Coded

IN Coded

·
Registered
893 Posts
Interesting, the guns with the star marked barrel go with the receiver pieces starting with "P.." something.
The "ATM..." piece, which is Malaysian, goes with the barrels that do not have it. It is possible they used the star as an aiming point for the drill though. 4 out of 4 .

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
iirc all barrels were made in germany, and proofed at point of assembly, military barrels do not necessarily get the eagle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts