HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yes what parts are needed to convert the 33 to a 53 ? 8" barrel,different bolt etc could i do this with a 93 receiver ,a 33 bolt ,8"barrel and a 53 forearm i would be making this gun for myself so don't care so much about numbers matching just kind of want to put it together with what i have and i am broke as welli think you would get basicly the same look it will be built as a pistol i know you will be able to tell the difference if you look close enough does anyone have a pic of this conversion i am sure others have done this i guess i would need a new locking piece and a cockiing tube and can i cut down a 33 cocking tube? any info besides forget it or just blow my wad on a 53 exact dupicate would be appreciated

·
Registered
10,254 Posts
Huh... dude, that was painful to read. Ya orta think about throwing a few periods in there when you type. I have a friend that talks like that and it's equally as exhausting to listen to as well. (He also doesn't have a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of but also wants to do all sorts of exotic stuff... Pete, izzat you, buddy?)

Chopping a "built" 33 is going to cost more than a new build, as they are going to have to de-construct the gun, modify the parts and then re-build the gun. IF you were going to do ALL the work yourself, AND had the mad skillz, then it would be a vastly different story... however...

Might be more cost effective to see what Atlantic has in the way of 53 style pistols, you DO get an "HKPro" discount from them, y'know...

·
Registered
630 Posts
you'll end up spending a ton of money doing that, my suggestion is to find a VECTOR 53 pistol, you can still find those, use a internet search engine for VECTOR V-53 PISTOL. then do the paperwork for a SBR. while waiting for the approval to be returned you can shoot it in the mean time.

it will only take you something like 15 seconds to go from pistol to rifle, don't need a gunsmith to take off the end cap and install a stock.

the only other thing I did to mine was get a 53 hand guard. the VECTOR ones come with a MP-5 hand guard, and although it works, I didn't like the exposed trunnion.

from pistol:

to rifle:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok point well taken on the no caps or periods,i know that makes it difficult to read'maybe i should have stated i have four hk33's parts kits all for my personal preferances and i basicly want to make them all differently.I have built my first as a 33e with a 93 receiver and a 16" barrel,retractable stock it turned out great ,now i want to build a 53 inspired pistol with 93 receiver,33 bolt ,8.25" barrel,53 forearm furniture and a modified cocking tube(53?) maybe a different locking piece 'it will probably look like one of the century arms c93 short barreled pistol.I do know this is not a true 53 without the 53 receiver and 53 bcg ,however it will look remakably like one for a fraction of the price,i will have to buy a barrel and a 53 forearm and i have the rest,i really do not see what is so wrong about this combination if i wanted to do a 53 i would plunk down $2500-$3500 for the 53 'unfortunatly i sold my pot to piss in so i could buy my two mp5's .I really think they would look very similiar i am also going to build the "53"look-alike ,my 33e i am also going to build a 33k and i have one i haven't decided how i want to build

1 - 4 of 4 Posts