HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen,

I just received my HK33k from RDTS. Below are some pics I took of what I think should be the cap below the front sight of the barrel. I dont know what happened, but it looks to me like Ralph did not install the cap at all. Now I am wondering if the gun will function properly. Any thoughts on what this is and how I can install the cap? I tried pushing what looks to be the cocking support tube down but it will not budge at all.

I would appreciate the help as I am a little frustrated with how I received this gun. But maybe I am blowing out of proportion and nothing is wrong. See pics attached.

thanks
Conrad

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,210 Posts
From the one pic it looks like what ever is there is flush with the end of the tube. Cocking tube caps fit inside the tube about a half an inch or so. I don't think the cap would fit. As to what that is, and perhaps I am showing my ignorance, but I have never seen something like that at the end of a cocking tube on any Hk weapon.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
neither have I. Hence, my concern and questions. I dont have a clue as to what this is......

You are correct. Whatever it is, is flush with the end so, no cap would fit. I just am at a loss here.....

hopefully someone will shed some light on the subject.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Have you contacted Ralph about this? He is very good about answering the phone. I would give him a chance to figure out what the problem is.

·
Registered
70 Posts
cap

You are not going to be able to install any cap on that tube. That is sticking out past the end of the tube.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
agreed! But what does this look like to you? is this the cocking tube support?

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
That almost looks like a temporary spacer used to hold it in place while welding the cocking tube to the receiver or something. I'm wondering if it was simply left in inadvertently, only needing to be pulled out and replaced with the cap.

All you should see there is a tube inside the hole. The smaller rod sticking out of the cap goes down into it, and the outer diameter of the cap fits into the frame hole.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dave
The inside of the hole is threaded. Does that help you in diagnosing the problem>?

How would I get this out? Or should I send it back to Ralph? thoughts? Does this mean that it was not welded? Or am I just paranoid..lol

thanks
C

·
Registered
8,345 Posts
If I were to guess, I'd have to agree with AviatorDave.

As said below, you should call Ralph now, is he home? He should make it right, even if that's postage both ways ( :380: I'm sure he wants his spacer back).

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
Dave
The inside of the hole is threaded. Does that help you in diagnosing the problem>?

How would I get this out? Or should I send it back to Ralph? thoughts? Does this mean that it was not welded? Or am I just paranoid..lol

thanks
C
?? The inside of which hole is threaded? Just wait until you talk to Ralph. I'm thinking it might be a spacer he uses to hold the cocking tube centered in the triple frame when he welds the other end of the cocking tube back at the receiver.

Just pulling stuff from my arse here - maybe it's threaded so he can screw in a bolt and pull the spacer out.

Again, I'm sure it was just an oversight. Talk to Ralph before you do anything.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Called Ralph and will update this thread in the morning.

Thanks Dave.
Conrad

·
Registered
124 Posts
Gentlemen,

I just received my HK33k from RDTS. Below are some pics I took of what I think should be the cap below the front sight of the barrel. I dont know what happened, but it looks to me like Ralph did not install the cap at all. Now I am wondering if the gun will function properly. Any thoughts on what this is and how I can install the cap? I tried pushing what looks to be the cocking support tube down but it will not budge at all.

I would appreciate the help as I am a little frustrated with how I received this gun. But maybe I am blowing out of proportion and nothing is wrong. See pics attached.

thanks
Conrad

Looks like a Surefire light adapter.

·
Registered
527 Posts
As an aside, the cocking tube cap is simply a dust cover. The rifle,(all of them) will work perfectly fine without it.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Does anyone know of RDTS physical mailing address so I can send my 33k back to Ralph? I would like to mail it today overnight. If someone has the physical address, please post or pm me.

Aviatordave - do you happen to have it?

thanks
Conrad

·
Registered
303 Posts
Does anyone know of RDTS physical mailing address so I can send my 33k back to Ralph? I would like to mail it today overnight. If someone has the physical address, please post or pm me.

thanks
Conrad
PM sent. Did you get ant repsonse from him?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the info mlm. I have called him almost 5 times today (left two messages) and no response. I sent him an email last night with the pics I posted on this thread and no response. I am sending him my 33k via overnight delivery with a letter outlining the issues and requesting Ralph to remove the spacer (if that is what it is) and replace with the proper endcap. Also, I asked Ralph to confirm whether the gun is in ready fire condition. I would hope that Ralph would send this back to me overnight as well, but I have my doubts. We will see and I will post updates when I hear back from Ralph and received the fixed weapon.

thanks
Conrad

·
Registered
30 Posts
RDTS 33K barrel/sight install

Hi Conrad
Sorry about not answering the phone. The past few weeks have been answer the phone and not get work done or get work done, we have chosen the latter. That’s why our message recommends email that we try to reply to. I looked and see no emails from you.

Back to your gun. That is the way your 33K parts were that you sent us to install. We have never seen that kind of dustcover or whatever it is before. We even tried to take it off but didn’t want to mess it up worse. If you look it appears to have been pinned internally. I figured you knew what it was as it’s your part we simply pushed in and headspace the barrel engraved "33K" and refinished your gun.

I'm sure that the piece could be removed with a little shop time involved. But again we thought you wanted that way as you sent it to us for install.

Ralph at RDTS

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the call Ralph. I did not know (my ignorance) as to what needed to be done to change a barrel when I sent you the 33k and the 93. I appreciate your attention to my gun and look forward to receiving it when you are finished pulling out whatever that is....

thanks
Conrad

·
Registered
124 Posts
Looks like a Surefire light adapter.
If the thing is threaded on the inside is is probably an adapter for a Surefire light, it is missing the piece that lets the light sit parallel to the cocking tube though.

·
Vendor
727 Posts
If the thing is threaded on the inside is is probably an adapter for a Surefire light, it is missing the piece that lets the light sit parallel to the cocking tube though.
Yes, that is a Surefire light adapter. It should come out with a little pressure. It is not threaded or a fixed adapter. All you do is pull it out and replace with the factory end cap. Here is a link to Surefire's website with the light system that you have:

http://www.surefire.com/maxexp/main...r=6&prrfnbr=22912&sesent=0,0&search_id=456310

I hope that helps.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts