HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a Mod 4 for decades now at one point I got cocky and tried a caliber change in the field and lost my spring, stupid I know but I had done it hundreds of times, what could go wrong, right? It is now impossible to find a spring, I keep an eye on Numrich and other sights but no luck yet. Anyone out there have a spring and the means to measure ID, OD, wire size, length and number of coils. With that information I may be able to find a compatible spring, I tried, a few years back, to contact HK and didn't get any response on the spec's for the spring. I bought the gun at Kittery Trading Post many years ago for 195 dollars, if I could find one now for that price I'd buy it and part it out. ;o)} Any information would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Imminent Threat Defense measured a spring for me and with those dimensions I contacted Wolff Gunsprings they came up with a spring that probably will work. It is slightly longer than stock but should be able to trim it to fit. It is a S&W cylinder stop spring. I have ordered three and will give 'em a try. ;o}

1 - 2 of 2 Posts