HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Good afternoon everyone. I just ran across a HK4, but don't know much about them. It appears to be unfired with no blemishes in the finish. Includes one magazine in .380 and one magazine for the .22 conversion kit. Anyone have any idea of what this goes for and is there anything special about these little HK's? I've got a modest HK collection right now, and thought I'd check with everyone here to see if it's worth adding to the collection. Thanks.

Forgot to mention. It's an Arlington Import IA code HK 4, if that matters at all.

·
Registered
69 Posts
That search function is your friend. ;)

I'm guessing the one you found is possibly one of the Bund models. It'll have "BUND" stamped into the trigger gaurd and possible the finger rest on the .22lr mag is orange. Some I've seen have been very clean and others...well... I passed on a .32/.22 set selling for $450 this past summer because it had a rather raddy box and wasn't too clean. Were it a nice clean one with a good box, $450 isn't too bad. Keep your eyes open they're out there.

Again, try the search funsction adn read all that LandPimp has to say about them.

·
2,832 Posts
sounds like a nice commercial set, I'd say $500-600.

22 mags are not easy to find, 380 can also be used in the 32 mags(lots of them out there)

AFAIK the BUND marked HK4's were 32 with a 22 kit, they were german surplus guns, dont think they had 380....but maybe.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Where's my brain. yup, the BUND ones were .32/.22. That realized, I gotta go with landpimp's price thought. Of course, I'd also think that would neccissitate the manual/paperowrk as well. Personally, i'd deduct $50-$75 for missing paperwork depending on the vintage.

·
2,832 Posts
with only 1 mag for each, closer to the 500 than 600 would be nice.

if you happen to see my brain........let it know I miss it :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. Are these high quality little pieces, or just a run of the mill pistol? Just wondering if most of you believe they are "must haves" for any HK collection. Also, are they fun or interesting to shoot? Thinking it may be a good little handgun for the wife, but the trigger did seem gritty and somewhat heavy.

·
2,832 Posts
well I like them, wouldn't say I would carry one as a 1st choice, but do have a 380 that sits on my desk.

yes they are high quality, but they are old. HK hates them, they will not suport them anymore.

Fun yes, I really like shootin them in 22 and 32, alot of 380 is really not the best for this old gun.

Check the buffer, cheap(Numrich) and easy to replace and if it busts up when firing is can be a royal PITA to get the slide off.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,921 Posts
I am wanting to add one to my collection with the 380 and 22 barrels.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Landpimp: Nice collection of these.

Here's another take on the little Hk model 4:

Watch out! These are not the best out there. Make sure the little rubber buffer in the lower frame is not brittle, gone, cracking up, rotting or whatever rubber does after time and use gets to it. If this is the case, and the gun is fired much, the lower alloy frame will crack and or break at that point (especially quicker in the .380 configuration). The .380 configuration is also the hardest on these guns. The .32 is the "better" of the four calibers you can use in them.

Also, if your rubber buffers are gone, broken, cracked or whatever-good luck finding another one. Some have to actually have them custom made as there aren't anymore out there (especially original ones). Hk will also not service them anymore due to the age and discontinued status of these guns.

Other than that, they are neat and were a really neat concept. Four calibers in one gun was a good idea and one that should have continued (but in a little different design).

I remember seeing somewhere (on some forum that I really can't recall right now) where a bunch of these little gun kits were selling for spare parts. They were kits because of the broken alloy lower frames.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts