HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was recently in the market for a 40mm tube and I didn't see anything from HK. I know HK makes them but I'm guessing they are only imported for military or police. Any experence with HK 40MM tubes.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Yeah, whatever. I'm not one of the nebby ones trying to get into your business and couldn't care less what you're doing with it. What kind of gun? HK makes or has made like a dozen 40mm's over the years and they don't use the same barrels for all of them.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, I guess my question was unclear. Does HK import stand alone (HK69A1) or under the rifle (AG-C/EGLM) 40mm grenade launchers into the civilian NFA market or are they only a military/police item.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Sorry, I guess my question was unclear. Does HK import stand alone (HK69A1) or under the rifle (AG-C/EGLM) 40mm grenade launchers into the civilian NFA market or are they only a military/police item.
No civillian NFA or even dealer availablity. They are brought in with an EUC only.

·
Registered
264 Posts
That said, if an LE agency buys one then decides to liquidate it can be done. There are some older examples around but you're unlikely to find any 320's or many 69's in civil lain hands. That said, I am aware of and have played with a privately owned 69a1.

·
Premium Member
1,243 Posts
Schlafftablett

Have you ever heard of a company in Miami, Florida called R&M Equipment Inc. They make a 40mm grenade laucher for the Hk series of weapons utilizing different forearms for the MP5, 33, and G3 and a laucher, M203PI. There are several in private hands for the vary reason you cite.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
That said, if an LE agency buys one then decides to liquidate it can be done. There are some older examples around but you're unlikely to find any 320's or many 69's in civil lain hands. That said, I am aware of and have played with a privately owned 69a1.
+1... Exactly

·
Registered
264 Posts
if it's the same one I'm thinking of, I saw one several years ago like (10 or 15) at a defense arms show in Germany. It looked like a wide 93 forearm had been modified with a steel or aluminum tube liner thing that slipped over the muzzle. The 203 mounted to the underside. I couldn't really look closely at it but it seemed pretty cool. I need to see if I can find some info or pics of it, I think it would be cool to build one.

·
Premium Member
1,243 Posts
if it's the same one I'm thinking of, I saw one several years ago like (10 or 15) at a defense arms show in Germany. It looked like a wide 93 forearm had been modified with a steel or aluminum tube liner thing that slipped over the muzzle. The 203 mounted to the underside. I couldn't really look closely at it but it seemed pretty cool. I need to see if I can find some info or pics of it, I think it would be cool to build one.
Here are some pics for your enjoyment. The forearm at the top of the pic is for the MP5, the middle one is for the Hk33 and the bottom one is for the G3. The M203PI laucher is in the foreground.

Here is a pic of the fixture on the bottom of the forearm the laucher mounts to.

This is a pic of the M203PI laucher on the MP5 forearm. Sorry, did not want to take the time to remove my feet from the bottom of the pic for those of you who would so comment.

This one shows the laucher open with a couple cool rounds

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,857 Posts
I'll echo the information given in this thread and give some more detail. HK does make 40mm destructive devices (that's a US term for grenade launcher). And they have made several models over the years. Current production is found here: HK Grenade Launchers and includes:
  1. M320
  2. AG-C/EGLM
  3. HK69A1
  4. GMG

And while US law does provide a mechanism for civilians to own DD's, HK is in the position of having to follow US law, German/EU law and corporate policy. German/EU law dictates that certain items require an End User Certificate (EUC) for legal sale. This is above and beyond US regulatory requirements and effectively means that HK just cannot sell certain things direct to civilians or even licensed dealers, even when they are abiding by US law. The same holds true for certain *parts*. While it may be perfectly legal to sell an MP5 trigger group as spare parts in the US, there are extra requirements imposed by Germany/EU.

For those folks who are willing to truly understand and embrace the bureaucracy (read: paperwork suck-fest), these types of items *can* be acquired. It takes time and the cooperation of a lot of moving parts, not the least of which is a Stateside agency or military unit that is willing to act as a "host." And bear in mind that HK is primarily focused on agency/military markets, which places consumer issues a bit lower on the priority list.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go put the finishing touches on the tandem tripod mounted HK21E/GMG for the Tundra. You'd be amazed at how hard it was to devise a sliding pedestal mount for the bass boat chair so that it could shift back and forth...

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
More Japanese pick-up truck lingo, sheesh.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you all for responding to this thread. While it would have been very cool to have a HK grenade launcher, they are not really available and I bet they cost a boat load of money.

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,857 Posts
Define "boat load"...

·
Registered
264 Posts
Chuck, that is exactlly the one I saw! I'd love to put one of those together even if it was just a 37mm. Really I have no real desire for a 40 anyway but those just look bad ass minted to an MP5. out of curiosity, did you get that from the manufacturer or through a 3rd party?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts