HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the range this past Saturday to shoot my .40 Tactical & the mags (4 of them) would not seat, or stay in the gun.
Anybody have any ideas as to what might be wrong?

I have a .45 Tactical & never experienced this....I am stumped, it's as if the mags are totally foreign to the gun & no I did not
mix up the mags, lol.

TIA,

- Cam

ETA: I did not realize this was my first post.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Are the tops of mags where the round sits and chambers inside the pistol warn out? Or the sides of the mags?

·
Premium Member
5,018 Posts
Look at the magazine release, examine the lip and see if it is damaged or even missing? How old is the weapon? For sure using USP .40 polymer magazine, right?

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I had a similar problem with my USP 40 with the Jet funnel system. I placed an HK45c mag release on it. And for some reason the hi cap mags would always fall out after each shot with the new HK45c mag release. I put the old mag release back on and it works fine again. It sounds to me like you may have an issue with the mag release. Have you played with it at all? And is the mag release spring aligned correctly?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Trying to answer all the questions/suggestions, unfortunately I know nothing more about guns than to be able to shoot them.
The 4 mags came with the gun & previously ALL worked flawlessly.
I don't know enough to check if parts are worn.
I would be very surprised if all the mag lips wore out at the exact same time.
Not sure of the age of the weapon as I bought it used, but it looks basically new.
I don't know how to check if the mag release spring is aligned correctly.
I currently am at work & gun is at home.

Thanks for all the suggestions, I suppose I had better send it somewhere for repair.
Is the HK warranty a lifetime warranty by chance?

ETA: I will say that the .45 mag release lip looks different than the .40 if that means anything?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks,

I'll do a search on youtube to see how it's done.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
It's very easy to change the mag release spring. Drift out the pin holding the mag release in, pull it out and the spring should come out with it. Swap springs and reinstall. It's really easy. While you have the mag release out, take a look at the lip that holds the mags and make sure it isn't worn, chipped, broken, or in any other state of disrepair.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all for the help.....now I need to order a spring & see if that fixes it.
I may go ahead & order a new mag "lip".

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So, being the idiot that I am, I see mag releases & springs listed, but not sure which are correct for my use.

I have an HK .40 Tactical full size that I need parts for, anybody care to provide links so that I get the correct parts?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just got off the phone with Adam.....he hooked me up!

Thanks everybody!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts