HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know when the HK 416 and or 417 will be available for purchase? Last I heard was end of 2008..

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
that sounds like a best case scenerio.... Here I am waiting for the next new HK to come out, AGAIN!

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It seems like you have a lot of knowledge on this kind of stuff. I am a relatively new customer of HK...I saw the pics and stats of the HK 416....and have been wanting an assault rifle for quite sometime. Just bought a HK USP Compact .45....so might aswell go with the same brand rifle too. How much do you think they will run for?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Its been debated, but i think the best estimate is somewhere around 1800-2000 dollars for the 416, and the 417 will be somewhere in the mid 3000's range.

It depends if HK will sell the upper kits, you may be able to get an upper kit for closer to $1600 +/- 200 bucks...

ETA

For now, this is all speculation... I think the mil/LEO price is around 1600 for the 416, so i doubt we will get them for less, but hopefully not too much more!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was just quoted $1650 for a LEO 416, without sights. I believe that the diopter sights will run around $250. What will be interesting to see if the 416 does come out, if the sights will be included... My quess they will not be under 2 grand with sights.

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great, I appreciate all the feedback. Sounds like end of 2008 then....

·
Registered
266 Posts
i have a standing order with HK for 100 of ea gun. 416/417 (200 total)
has soon has they are set to ship. Cabelas is a full line Hk dealer.
buying only 2nd to DOD.

as soon as my guy at Hk know's.. we will order them.as many as we can get.
after all by that time we will have another 15 stores open making it 40 stores just in the U.S.

as soon as i know anything ill pass it on

(and we price match)

Duke

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
i have a standing order with HK for 100 of ea gun. 416/417 (200 total)
has soon has they are set to ship. Cabelas is a full line Hk dealer.
buying only 2nd to DOD.

as soon as my guy at Hk know's.. we will order them.as many as we can get.
after all by that time we will have another 15 stores open making it 40 stores just in the U.S.

as soon as i know anything ill pass it on

(and we price match)

Duke

Duke,

With all due respect, as it stands now both the 416 and 417 are illegal for civilian purchase due to import laws.

Until they are made here in the US, which isn't planned for at the very earliest a year if not longer, they will continue to be illegal to purchase.

Therefor I can't see how you can say that you have 200 (100 of each on order) since we don't even know if they will actaully go into production and HK still refuses to make a offical public announcement regarding US production. Not to mention by that time firearms laws could change, and HK's thoughts could change as well (look at the past with HK).

I'm not trying to bash you post but your post makes it sounds like you and Cabela's allready have an order for a firearm that: 1) is currently illegal, and 2) not even being produced yet.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Duke,

With all due respect, as it stands now both the 416 and 417 are illegal for civilian purchase due to import laws.

Until they are made here in the US, which isn't planned for at the very earliest a year if not longer, they will continue to be illegal to purchase.

Therefor I can't see how you can say that you have 200 (100 of each on order) since we don't even know if they will actaully go into production and HK still refuses to make a offical public announcement regarding US production. Not to mention by that time firearms laws could change, and HK's thoughts could change as well (look at the past with HK).

I'm not trying to bash you post but your post makes it sounds like you and Cabela's allready have an order for a firearm that: 1) is currently illegal, and 2) not even being produced yet.
Which is why its a "Standing Order" ;)

As soon as HK is able to sell them, they will place the orders.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Which is why its a "Standing Order" ;)

As soon as HK is able to sell them, they will place the orders.
thank you..

look at what i posted and read slow..(not bashing you)
as soon as they can sell them to us we have a order for them.. get the line started now...see how it works...easy. after all when you buy a $250.000 bucks a year in just Hk hand guns whats $300.000 for FEW LONG GUNS..RIGHT?

any body want a 4bore have one ..a side by side
shoots a 2000gn FMJ at 1400fps
looks like elmer fudds gun..just real!
$110.000 let me know..lol

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I understand the concept of a "standing order".

However, how can you have a standing order for a product that doesn't exist yet? There are no semi-only 416's and 417's. The 416 and 417 as they stand now are still illegal for civilian sale. HK hasn't submitted the MR223 and MR308 to the BATFE for approval to sell.

I could understand placing a standing order for the rifles if HK had recieved approval from the BATFE to sell the MR223 and MR308 once they are made over here, but that hasn't happened yet.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Dude, why the hell are you arguing semantics..... give it a rest..

Like this statement of yours:
Someone's having a bad day, lol. Cueist or whatever your name is, this isnt a rookie question asking "Oh when will HK bring the 4.6 here he was asking who would buy it, etc. It is an HK Handgun and NOT a ROOKIE QUESTION thus it is in the HK Handgun Talk section. Lay off of him a bit.
Vanderson,

It has been widely known on this site for the last few years (when the P46 was first discovered) that HK would never allow it, or the MP7 or their 4.6mm round into civilian hands. Yet at least once a week (esp recently) people keep asking about "When can I get it?", or "HK why can't I have one?"

All one has to do is take the time to use the search function and they will / can get all of the answers / information that they want.
Vanderson,

You miss my point. There is NO WAY EVER that HK will EVER release the P46 or it's 4.6mm round. So the question becomes moot. Non of us can buy, and non of us will ever be able to buy it.
click me to buy 4.6mm ammo on 12/27 from midway...

or you can argue that the date has not arrived and it still has not been released... We all knew what duke meant, ease up killer.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Dude, why the hell are you arguing semantics..... give it a rest..

Like this statement of yours:

click me to buy 4.6mm ammo on 12/27 from midway...

or you can argue that the date has not arrived and it still has not been released... We all knew what duke meant, ease up killer.

The point you make about the P46 it's ammo, and my responces to questions regarding it has no bearing on this. Yes, the 4.6 ammo is available, that has changed. HK however still is not releasing the MP7 or P46 in a civilian form and has made no inclination that they will do so, so thus HK's previous statements about civilian ownership of the MP7 and P46 stand.

I don't rely assumptions or possibilities but instead rely on the facts as they are known at the time. As facts change my views / opinions change to reflect the new information.

To me it seems very un-professional for a person to state that they placed an order for something that doesn't yet exist in a situation that has the potential to not happen. That's just my opinion. As other people state their opinions on this site, so will I. I sugest that if you have a problem with me or my statements that you take it up with this site's administration or moderators.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I understand the concept of a "standing order".

However, how can you have a standing order for a product that doesn't exist yet? There are no semi-only 416's and 417's. The 416 and 417 as they stand now are still illegal for civilian sale. HK hasn't submitted the MR223 and MR308 to the BATFE for approval to sell.

I could understand placing a standing order for the rifles if HK had recieved approval from the BATFE to sell the MR223 and MR308 once they are made over here, but that hasn't happened yet.
if you did under stand..you would not be asking...lol

i also have a OPEN standing order for a new 2008/9 chevy Camaro.
and they two are not SOLD YET.. and chevy even took my $1000 down payment....things that make you go ..Huuummm.

TRIP

(only a few get it)

·
Registered
266 Posts
I almost feel sorry for those guys that paid as much as they did for their current 416 uppers. Almost. ;)
any time a new gun comes out..always give it a year or two..this lets them work the probs out..and drop the price a bit..if it's going to work or not..
this way they can fix any probs..and you dont get stuck with the first one's that come out and need to be fixed or over priced...

now cars on the other hand are diff..
will it be a Z28? they dont know.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
any time a new gun comes out..always give it a year or two..this lets them work the probs out..and drop the price a bit..if it's going to work or not..
this way they can fix any probs..and you dont get stuck with the first one's that come out and need to be fixed or over priced...

now cars on the other hand are diff..
will it be a Z28? they dont know.

Duke,

HK didn't have problems with the 416 Uppers when the first came out then or now. There were no bugs to be worked out. The problem was and still is the 416 Uppers are still in a very limited supply since 416's are illegal for civilian sale and 416 Uppers can not be legally imported into the US for sale. The only way a civilian can buy a 416 Upper is to have a LE agency buy a complete 416 (upper and lower) and then cut up the gun for parts and sell the Upper to a dealer or civilian. Prices for these Uppers are running in the $4500 to $3500 range.

I think that Eric was noting the fact that if HK does go thru with the possible current plans to produce the 416/MR223 and 417/MR308 here in the states for Military, LE, and Civilian sales then the Uppers that are currently selling for $4500 to $3500 will drop in value overnight and those whp paid the premium to have a 416 Upper now will have to suffer the value loss.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Duke,

HK didn't have problems with the 416 Uppers when the first came out then or now. There were no bugs to be worked out. The problem was and still is the 416 Uppers are still in a very limited supply since 416's are illegal for civilian sale and 416 Uppers can not be legally imported into the US for sale. The only way a civilian can buy a 416 Upper is to have a LE agency buy a complete 416 (upper and lower) and then cut up the gun for parts and sell the Upper to a dealer or civilian. Prices for these Uppers are running in the $4500 to $3500 range.

I think that Eric was noting the fact that if HK does go thru with the possible current plans to produce the 416/MR223 and 417/MR308 here in the states for Military, LE, and Civilian sales then the Uppers that are currently selling for $4500 to $3500 will drop in value overnight and those whp paid the premium to have a 416 Upper now will have to suffer the value loss.

this is why i give it 1 or 2 years.... soon the open market will have them for sale.. and at a lower price then the guys raping the other guy for a few bucks.. this is just part of my post... price or probs it stands true!
OVER TIME YOU GET A BETTER DEAL!

slow down a bit..when reading a post..take it all in.. and think about it for a few sec.. it will all add up...

i will get a few.. at a price i will like.. and at a time when they are out for sale...

it's all about time...and there are alot of guns out to keep bissy with. before they come out...

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Once the guns are US made, the German uppers will become even more obsolete. Just something to keep in mind, for the guy who wants a GERMAN made HK upper. It won't matter to most, but there are a few purists out there.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts