HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see they have separate Beta C mags for the HK416 and a standard AR. I assume the tower is a little different due to the squared off magwell of the HK. Are there any issues using the HK Beta C mag in a normal AR? I assume it won't work the other way around (AR Beta C on the HK 416). TIA.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
It is just longer tower and longer feed link. I was told that is is same tower and link that used for M249 SAW Beta. On regular AR it will just sit little lower.

·
Premium Member
3,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any issues with it sitting lower? Overtravel? Feeding issues? Bump the bottom of the mag and it jams?

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Standard set of issues you can expect with Beta as far as I know.

Cheaper way to have same level of performance would be to get Korean "beta" (or maybe better - someone mentioned that Koreans did not get the memo, that Beta is supposed to jam a lot, so they made their copy working) and convert it to HK416 lower with Beta "SAW kit". I was going to make this conversion, but finally gave my Korean "beta" to friend with regular AR. It works flawless for him. But this conversions possibility is there (actually Armatac told me about this - and he knows all about drum mags).

Anyway best solution in area of double drums is to get Armatac SAW Mag.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Thanks for the info on the Korean beta mags Montrala.

In addition to double drums, G3 kurz said the G8 drum mag was reliable. There's a 5.56mm version of the G8 drum made by Xs-Products, so maybe give that a try. Here's some info on the 5.56mm G8 style mag: http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk416-hk417-hq/151421-new-drum-magazine-416-a-2.html

Also, I heard that HK reworked some beta c-mags for the XM8 program (with a redesigned feed tower I think). I don't know much about beta mags, I'm just wondering what design changes HK and the Koreans made over the American C-mags (made by the Beta company) to make it have less issues?

·
Premium Member
3,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Heard mixed things on the Korean mag, including one review that it jammed after 85 rounds. Still, saw that 44mag had them for $125 and it might be worth taking a chance on at that price, which is less than half of a Beta mag. The Armatac mag looks nice, but it's a bit more bulky and expensive for my tastes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts