HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, please don't flame me becauce I know nothing about AR style weapons. Here's my question. I have a complete HK416 kit . When I try to install the HK hand grip on the receiver, Either the web on the receiver is thicker or the slot in the grip is smaller (I have no other AR parts to try at this point) I had heard that all AR lower parts were supposed to interchange with the 416 lower parts. Has anyone had this problem?

·
Registered
163 Posts
If you are referring to the Tangodown pistol grip that HK uses on the 416, you will have to give it a smack to fit on the lower receiver. Tangodown grips are tight.

Do you mean the grip like on one of my M4s below?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Turbo. Yes it looks like that. It's got some rubber flap on the bottom for batteries I think. I'll get it out tomorrow and find out for sure and mic it.

·
Registered
202 Posts
TD grips are notorious for fitting very tight ( I use them exclusively and I never had one go on easy).

I usually just hook one side of it on the receiver and rock the other side on and they go on with a little pressure. I have never had to modify one to fit a receiver. Good luck, congratulations on the new purchase!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks M4. I will try that on Sunday. I didn't want to hack either part up. I'm putting the 416 kit on a POF lower until I can get a registered lower to put it on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts