HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Reminds me of doing range excersises in S. Korea. -20F, 2' of snow on the ground, and my gator neck freezing to my mouth.

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
was in norway while in the corps for cold weather exercises. we did a lot of cold weather, bridgeport, ft. drum, norway, mt. fuji. a contributing factor to my not reenlisting so i could come home to the beach. before then i could tolerate snow and cold. now i have an immense dislike for weather below 50 degrees and i have no desire to see snow ever again.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hear ya, it is cold as heck here in Va lately, Usually I would wish to be in Florida but it doesn't seem very warm there either these days.

I asked the guys if they ever got to see the ground in the summer, they said the weather really isn't that bad and they have the different seasons.

What do these guys do to prevent the thermal shock of the weapons before entry, or is that even an issue?

I have done some environmental testing where we were doing cold storage, except we couldnt' shoot inside the cold storage facility, we had to bring the gear out of the giant computer controlled freezer/heater, beat off the locked enclosure whose lid was frozen shut, then get the weapon and begin a firing schedule, in the range. This was no longer a cold storage test because that was supposed to be done at the cold storage temperature, it was now a thermal shock test. As the testing was going on you could see all the gear turn a white and start growing a surface, except on the barrel.

We had the guns ready to go with a wierd lube (LAW) or something like that. Either way the test didn't look like something you would want to happen if you could avoid it, it was one of the most impressive things I have ever seen and I wasn't allowed to record it. After a few minutes the white went away and the gear was soaking wet.

I doubt these guys could ever wait that long for an entry so I was just wondering if they do anything different.

·
2,832 Posts
norway is a very long country, the weather will very, in summer its much like the Northwest, I was their in July-September, I wore shorts the whole time, even at Nordkape

Bergen and Olso are not really that cold even in the winter.....now go north, different story.

IMOP Norway is the most beautifull county I have ever been to, nicest people as well

late sept 1997 Nordkape, ran into a bunch of bikers that rode from Gibarlter......guess which is me :D

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
A sweet benefit is being able to do 150 round mag dumps without having to worry about overheating the barrel....

·
Registered
52 Posts
The Nowegian HK 416N is basically what the MR223 looks like with the heavy profile 16.5" barrel

Now......if I could just get that drum mag.........hmmmm

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you wait around 6-8 weeks (if there are no fires, floods, meteor crashes or other tremendous acts of nature) there will be an even better one available.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts