HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do the HK High Reliability Magazines (maritime) *gold laser engraving* have the same feed lip issues as the other HK mags? or should I wait for the Magpul M3 magazines to come ? thoughts?

·
Banned
4,248 Posts
What other HK mags allegedly have feed lip issues? Never heard of it.
The feed lips bend very easily (especially if you do a lot of reloads with them). Most aren't aware since the spring usually gives out first. Now you know.

Liberty, I don't know if those earlier mags have the same issues, but I don't know why they wouldn't.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I want some of the Magpul M3 mags as well but I have a feeling it will be June or later before they are available. Right now Emags and the high reliablility HK mags have worked great for me. I do prefer the HK mags so far due to grip for me. The Emags function great but are slick mags.

I wonder how available the M3 mags will be when they are released? I know Magpul said they will not sell the mags on their website when they are first released.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
USGI aluminum mags work well. They are cheap and readily available too.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I heard that USGI mags with magpul or tan followers (anti-tilt followers) should work well with the HK416.

Also, if you want to run Pmags, maybe it would be possible to run an HK416 upper on a Colt lower so you can use Pmags.

·
Registered
53 Posts
If you can wait, then wait for the m3 mags to come out, but if you can't you can rock some EMAGs. Many of the shops I've served with have **** canned the HK HR steel mag due to feed lip issues after dropping them thru many rapid reload drills.

·
Banned
4,248 Posts
I heard that USGI mags with magpul or tan followers (anti-tilt followers) should work well with the HK416.
I run this setup almost exclusively now that I my 416upper/556 lower is working its way into my rotation. Latest gen red/rust colored springs, GI body, and magpul follower still works just fine and is only slightly less cost effective than Pmag, but works in everything.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I run this setup almost exclusively now that I my 416upper/556 lower is working its way into my rotation. Latest gen red/rust colored springs, GI body, and magpul follower still works just fine and is only slightly less cost effective than Pmag, but works in everything.
Thanks for the feedback. Glad that the Magpul follower/USGI combo is working out well.

Does the USMC use USGI mags/tan followers combo in the M27?

·
Banned
4,248 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. Glad that the Magpul follower/USGI combo is working out well.

Does the USMC use USGI mags/tan followers combo in the M27?
Not sure. Last I heard, the USGI mag was the only one "authorized" for use in the M27. No Magpul mags, no HK mags.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts