HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
before someone jumps at my neck , i want to tell that this part is being sold in Europe , no intentions to import it or whatever , i know that this part is not allowed to be imported here except as a Post 86 DS , just want to discuss the pic .......don`t you guys think that there is something wrong ? lack of serial Nr ??

HK416 Lower, H&K Receiver Heckler&Koch Original Gun Parts

when looking for the link , i found that similar lowers are being made in the u.s. as clones ......what`s the deal behind all this ?

regards

·
The Librarian
MP5-N and HK23E-K
5,419 Posts
You can get them here. You just need a SOT and a Law Letter.

·
Banned
2,011 Posts
before someone jumps at my neck , i want to tell that this part is being sold in Europe , no intentions to import it or whatever , i know that this part is not allowed to be imported here except as a Post 86 DS , just want to discuss the pic .......don`t you guys think that there is something wrong ? lack of serial Nr ??

HK416 Lower, H&K Receiver Heckler&Koch Original Gun Parts

when looking for the link , i found that similar lowers are being made in the u.s. as clones ......what`s the deal behind all this ?

regards

They make clone SA lowers here all the time usually start with an 80% lower. Clone/replacement lowers, uppers, and we even saw a clone barrel here recently!!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
but the lower is in germany , advertised as a real one , also , it has the evil hole over the semi setting ......what`s the deal here ? zib militaria is a well reputed militaria /deko waffen seller .....

·
Banned
2,011 Posts
but the lower is in germany , advertised as a real one , also , it has the evil hole over the semi setting ......what`s the deal here ? zib militaria is a well reputed militaria /deko waffen seller .....
Clones, remember, this is in a European country that has different laws then our NFA laws and these are just parts!! Different world over there.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Clones, remember, this is in a European country that has different laws then our NFA laws and these are just parts!! Different world over there.
so i have to assume that the lower offered by zib militaria is a u.s. clone that started as an 80% project ?

·
Registered
700 Posts
No, its genuine, there are very different regulations here. Literally anyone can buy a full auto lower that is complete, since legally its just a piece of metal with springs.
ZIB is also selling loads of G3 and MP5 full auto, navy and what not variation trigger groups.

The only regulated parts are barrels, bolt head and, on short weapons under 60cm, the frame such as in pistols. And of course it is also illegal to mate full auto parts with any regulated item.

You can also get genuine colt lowers, its all legal and just scrap metal by law eGun

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No, its genuine, there are very different regulations here. Literally anyone can buy a full auto lower that is complete, since legally its just a piece of metal with springs.
ZIB is also selling loads of G3 and MP5 full auto, navy and what not variation trigger groups.

The only regulated parts are barrels, bolt head and, on short weapons under 60cm, the frame such as in pistols. And of course it is also illegal to mate full auto parts with any regulated item.

You can also get genuine colt lowers, its all legal and just scrap metal by law eGun
so , if it is genuine , why there are no serial numbers on the lower , exactly as the 80% clones ??

·
Super Moderator
4,379 Posts
so , if it is genuine , why there are no serial numbers on the lower , exactly as the 80% clones ??
HK only puts serial numbers onto lowers when they are being exported to countries that require that they be serialized--like the U.S..

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thats not an actual HK part, looks like a china fake, you mean its 80% of the hk one? :) Apart from that, what diesel wrote, 416 are MILIPOL only weapons by .de definition, and typically these customers have their own "ideas", see US Army DDAA SASP.
no , i mean they are 80% american lowers finished like MG`s in Germany , that`s the only explanation about the lack of serial numbers .....i don`t think hk would release even a single part without a serial ......

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
no , i mean they are 80% american lowers finished like MG`s in Germany , that`s the only explanation about the lack of serial numbers .....i don`t think hk would release even a single part without a serial ......
I believe what folks are trying to communicate is that in Europe the upper is the firearm, and it bears the serial number. In the USA the lower is the firearm and it bears the serial number. When a firearm is imported from Europe, bam, you get two serial numbers for the price of one. Those may or may not be actual HK parts; they could be "authentic HK airsoft". I briefly looked at the first link and it appears to be on the up and up. baljar and diesel saying these same things.

I would bet dollars to donuts, Justin isn't shipping any 80%, 10%, whatevers outside of the US. If you can get a front of the magwell view, you will know if it is HK. Their forgings have a seam from the pressure.

·
Registered
700 Posts
I believe what folks are trying to communicate is that in Europe the upper is the firearm, and it bears the serial number. In the USA the lower is the firearm and it bears the serial number. When a firearm is imported from Europe, bam, you get two serial numbers for the price of one. Those may or may not be actual HK parts; they could be "authentic HK airsoft". I briefly looked at the first link and it appears to be on the up and up. baljar and diesel saying these same things.

I would bet dollars to donuts, Justin isn't shipping any 80%, 10%, whatevers outside of the US. If you can get a front of the magwell view, you will know if it is HK. Their forgings have a seam from the pressure.
Believe it or not, but its not the upper thats the firearm. AR15 is a rather new thing compared to arms legislation over here so upper and lower are no concepts reflected in legislation. Actual items required to shoot are the firearm, which means barrel and bolt head in case of AR15. Even the BCG is not part of that. Reasoning behind that is that you can literally take a barrel, put a round in it, lock it with the bolt and have something that can shoot, be it by just smacking it with a hammer and a nail.

The "80%" lower picture linked is certainly not HK manufacture since some details may look similar but are actually quite different. When it comes to parts, such as spares, a barrel and a bolt needs a serial, nothing else, because they are the regulated items. So yes, by law anyone can own a complete full auto whatever sear and what regulations you have over there, you may however not mate this with any bolt or barrel or registered firearm without committing a felony. The logic of firearms legislation is just different, hence different approaches compared to US.

As all firearm owners are registered this offense would leave you gun-less so there is no risk of "random kids buying stuff off zib and putting it in a barrel they bought of cabelas", simply because the actual parts required to make a firearm, barrel and bolt, are heavily regulated.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Believe it or not, but its not the upper thats the firearm. AR15 is a rather new thing compared to arms legislation over here so upper and lower are no concepts reflected in legislation. Actual items required to shoot are the firearm, which means barrel and bolt head in case of AR15. Even the BCG is not part of that. Reasoning behind that is that you can literally take a barrel, put a round in it, lock it with the bolt and have something that can shoot, be it by just smacking it with a hammer and a nail.

The "80%" lower picture linked is certainly not HK manufacture since some details may look similar but are actually quite different. When it comes to parts, such as spares, a barrel and a bolt needs a serial, nothing else, because they are the regulated items. So yes, by law anyone can own a complete full auto whatever sear and what regulations you have over there, you may however not mate this with any bolt or barrel or registered firearm without committing a felony. The logic of firearms legislation is just different, hence different approaches compared to US.

As all firearm owners are registered this offense would leave you gun-less so there is no risk of "random kids buying stuff off zib and putting it in a barrel they bought of cabelas", simply because the actual parts required to make a firearm, barrel and bolt, are heavily regulated.
Amazing, some actual reasoned gun laws. Man, I wish we could get some of those over here in the States.

Thanks for the info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,146 Posts

Wow, intesting stuff!!! So, why no serials on the 416 barrels? Their handguns have serials on the barrels.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts