HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I recently purchased myself an HK MR556 :56: and I couldn't be any happier! Now I obviously want to customize it and take it out to range and train. With that being said I was looking at the HK 416A5 Slimline Stock for my MR556. I like the current stop but I feel like it's a little too thick... My questions (2 in total) is... On the slimline stock is the shoulder pad removable to alternate with the original shoulder pad and 2 - does the take down pin in within the original stock fit into the slimline (i.e. Does the slimline have a slot to put away the takedown pin as the original does)?

Thank you everyone for all your help! Next on the list is the MR762... :23:

Nitro

HK MR556a1
HK USPC 45 (Stainless) V5, Light LEM Config
HK VP40

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
I have the slim stock on my MR556, the pad is not interchangeable and it isn't removable for the takedown tool. I am replacing my takedown pins so that you don't need the takedown tool.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the slim stock on my MR556, the pad is not interchangeable and it isn't removable for the takedown tool. I am replacing my takedown pins so that you don't need the takedown tool.
I've read from multiple HKPRO users that when you replace the takedown pins the upper and lower start to have some play. Is that true?

·
Premium Member
3,976 Posts
the take down tool was moved to within the grip of the A5, the V7 grip has a sealable plug in the bottom, which now holds the take down tool. as afang stated the slimline stock has no storage capability.

I have the slimline on my MR556, while I run the E1 (I think is the designation) on my 416 work gun. I like the convex rubber butt pad on the E1 for work, it hooks up well on body armor, in my opinion. My MR556A1 is really my daughter's range rifle.

good luck

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the take down tool was moved to within the grip of the A5, the V7 grip has a sealable plug in the bottom, which now holds the take down tool. as afang stated the slimline stock has no storage capability.

I have the slimline on my MR556, while I run the E1 (I think is the designation) on my 416 work gun. I like the convex rubber butt pad on the E1 for work, it hooks up well on body armor, in my opinion. My MR556A1 is really my daughter's range rifle.

good luck
I know my MR556 has the same sealable plug within the grip but I don't see a tight position where the takedown tool is designed to be placed. The tool would just rattle within the pistol grip... Links please? I thought the grip on the MR556 is the A5 grip...

·
Premium Member
3,976 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts