HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
In the United States, nowhere, yet. I am not certain if it (they) are available across the pond.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
They're shown here, but I don't know if you can actually buy one:
Heckler & Koch :: Detail

Also, there's conversion kit here, but I'm not sure what needs converting:
Heckler & Koch :: Detail
For full functionality receiver extension must be replaced for special one to use this stock. Conversion kit has everything needed for this stock to be installed on rifles with standard receiver extension.

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
For full functionality receiver extension must be replaced for special one to use this stock. Conversion kit has everything needed for this stock to be installed on rifles with standard receiver extension.
I'm not sure what's standard, I was hoping that (a.) the stock would fit a MR762 without the modification kit and (b.) I could actually buy it somewhere...

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
By "standard" I meant "standard" MR308 and MR762 receiver extension. G28 adjustable stock will fit over standard RE, but there will be problems with cheek rest. On G28 it is always in same relation to scope, no matter how much stock is extended or collapsed. And it also moves back when charging handle is used. If standard RE is used this functionality will not work.

·
Registered
346 Posts
ask your dealer and he order from H&K, in italy can have

·
Registered
578 Posts
Does that cheek rest slide backwards to allow charging the weapon if the buttstock is not in the longest extended position? I think Larue or maybe Noveske makes one that has that type of functionality.

-W

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
By "standard" I meant "standard" MR308 and MR762 receiver extension. G28 adjustable stock will fit over standard RE, but there will be problems with cheek rest. On G28 it is always in same relation to scope, no matter how much stock is extended or collapsed. And it also moves back when charging handle is used. If standard RE is used this functionality will not work.
Thanks for the info Montrala! (And everyone else...)

·
Registered
634 Posts
Larue makes something called the RISR to be used with the CTR stock… it does the same function as the G28 stock. I've been looking at the G28 stocks as well and have made a couple calls. Hk will have them in the near future. Here's the link for the Larue model if that's something you wish to consider.

LaRue Tactical RISR? / CTR Combo | LaRue Tactical
Unfortunately it will not fit the HK762/308 rec extension.

·
Registered
634 Posts
That sounds cool. I'd definitely go for the full conversion. But I always wondered why the adjustable butt pad if there is still the collapsable stock function. Fine tuning I guess.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Larue makes something called the RISR to be used with the CTR stock… it does the same function as the G28 stock.
No, it does not function same as G28 stock. RISR is fixed to stock and moves with stock when you extend or collapse stock. That means it does not keep it position in relation to glass when you adjust stock to changes in gear or shooting position. Also RISR is not height adjutable and stock (CTR) does not have adjustable buttplate. Only thing similar between RISR add-on for CTR and G28 stock is that it moves back to make clearance for charging handle.

·
Premium Member
2,586 Posts
No, it does not function same as G28 stock. RISR is fixed to stock and moves with stock when you extend or collapse stock. That means it does not keep it position in relation to glass when you adjust stock to changes in gear or shooting position. Also RISR is not height adjutable and stock (CTR) does not have adjustable buttplate. Only thing similar between RISR add-on for CTR and G28 stock is that it moves back to make clearance for charging handle.
Good info... I've been on the fence on whether to choose the RISR or wait for the G28 stock. I just didn't want to go through the hassle of changing everything if the G28's buffer tube system is proprietary. I do like the adjustable cheek piece though.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ok, I'm late to the party with my G28 adjustable buttstock for my MR762. My supplier was out of the buffer tube wrenchs. Anyone have one they want to sell/donate? Any suggestions on other suppliers?

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
If you search the forum for the G28 stock, there is a posting about installing one. That thread contains the exact spanner wrench size and make.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts