HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sent my gun to Robar for the Norton Special NP3+ When I took the gun out of the package and racked the slide back a little black plastic piece flew off the rear hammer. Under the piece on the hammer the NP3+ was never added to the metal ? It should have been removed NP3+ and then either left off or glued back on. i am working with Robar to send them a new LEM Hammer for NP3+ because the untreated area is really bothering me and i dont want to remove the one on there as i need my gun up and running. HK has the LEM Hammer for $ 25.00 bucks

If you send your gun in i would just remove the black plastic nub as i see no reason for it to be there in the first place. It is just barely glued on anyway.

Semper Fi

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
To me, that's a shoddy service. They should have removed the rubber nub, NP3+ the hammer, then glued it back on. I should not have to remove the nub before sending it in.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
To me, that's a shoddy service. They should have removed the rubber nub, NP3+ the hammer, then glued it back on. I should not have to remove the nub before sending it in.
Ehhh......idk which way to go on this one: Robar for not dismantling (different from disassembling) a gun to plate a piece that isn't needed to be plated, or HK for jury-rigging a useless plastic cap.

I'd say it's a learning experience for Robar, but not something I can hit them on. Perhaps from now on they'll bring it up during the order process, i.e. "Be aware that we permanently remove and discard a useless plastic cap on the hammer which will be plated" or give the customer the option of keeping the plastic cap on there. I don't imagine that it will adhere with glue after being plated......it's plated in teflon! And you can't really get mad at Robar for HK's crap glue job giving way and leaving you a bare spot. It's not really Robars job to be tearing apart what are supposed to be permanently affixed parts, so we can't get mad at them when HK's crap glue job gives way, ya know?

·
Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
1,023 Posts
nice MIM hammer btw :440:

does anyone know what the purpose of the plastic piece is? mine seems to be pretty rock solid but i never understood what's so bad about pure metal.....

·
Registered
156 Posts
Sorry about your hammer, hope you get it to your liking. It would bother me as well. Would you mind posting another pic so we can see the whole weapon. I like that finish.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ahahahah you guys are Funny send the gun back ! I have sent 10 guns to Robar since 1985 or so for NP3 it is the best stuff IMO and they always take care of me, i am not knocking Robar in anyway just letting people know. I will give the Orfeo suggestion sandpaper a try and see if there is NP3+ under there and let you guys know, it does however look like the stock gun color under there.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
HK Customer Service is Awesome ! They said the Nub is not supposed to fall off they are sending me a new LEM Hammer free of charge and throwing in a new Mag release spring in hopes it will tighten things up. HK = Wooooo Hoooo

·
Registered
818 Posts
I would just use some super glue. Try it & keep it for a spare. After, the nub is just glued on in the first place.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Excellent customer service from HK, nub, or not to nub? I like the extra hammer protection, the extra traction too. Wonder what factory adhesive is used? hmm.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It'sa Bobbed LEM Hammer No Traction Available ! LoL Plus it looks stupid on there when i can have Robar NP3+ Goodness looking up at me ahahahahah

·
Registered
43 Posts
You just made me scramble into my safe to look at my p2sk to see if my plastic nub was still on since I sent it off a long time ago to get Np3'd. lol its still on there and unplated. Not something I looked at since I got it back from them a couple years back.

·
Banned
219 Posts
Sweet lord that HK45 looks amazing.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
It is. . .

And so are the extractor and slide release.
We need to start a rumor that the CHF barrel is actually MIM. People's heads will explode.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts